60 Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

Options
ashliweiss
ashliweiss Posts: 7 Member
Hi Friends:

I wanted to share a recipe with everyone on delicious 60 calories blueberry muffins. Enjoy!

x

Serves 19
Calories: 60/muffin

Ingredients
1 cup steel cut oats (soak in water at least 6 hours prior)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
1 tablespoon powdered stevia
2 eggs
1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used TreeTop's Original)
¼ cup butter, melted (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light)
¾ Almond Milk (I used Unsweetened Original)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries (I used frozen)
optional: chopped nuts

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and powder, stevia.
Pour in the eggs, applesauce, butter, milk, and vanilla.
Stir well.
Gently mix in the blueberries.
Evenly pour the batter into silicone cupcake liners or regular liners. You will need to spray with cooking oil and dust with flour after spray to prevent sticking.
Add some chopped nuts if desired.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Mine were perfect at 25 min.

Replies

• stillman24
    Options
    Thx for sharing...sounds yummy!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If i wanted to replace the stevia with sugar is it a one to one replacement?
  • NorcalJustin530
    NorcalJustin530 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such a tasty and guilt free recipe. Thanks for sharing!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    What is the point exactly of the gluten free baking powder and gluten free baking soda? I mean, the recipe has whole wheat flour in it.
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you have to soak the oatmeal that long?
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!!! thanks for sharing :smile:
  • NorcalJustin530
    Options
    Because the title says 60 Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, not Gluten Free 60 Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. Derp.
  • NorcalJustin530
    Options
    Soaking steel cut oats over night is standard cooking procedure...
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Can you make me some? I don't feel like it.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    can you make the nutrition facts viewable in the database?:)
  • sympha01
    Options
    Because the title says 60 Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, not Gluten Free 60 Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. Derp.

But why GLUTEN FREE baking powder and baking soda? Why not normal baking powder and baking soda? Why make this difficult? Like, if the OP were gluten free for a medical reason it could go without comment though DERP they would need to not use wheat flour. But using wheat flour suggests the OP doesn't have Celiac and is just the kind of shopper who likes buying things with trendy bullsh*t on the label.

The gluten free fetish some people have is freakin' weird.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • NorcalJustin530
    Options
    Why GLUTEN FREE baking powder and baking soda? BECAUSE IT IS HER RECIPE, that is why ffs. Substitute the Gluten free baking powder and baking soda from the recipe list if you are having ocd issues, it is not rocket science.
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Why GLUTEN FREE baking powder and baking soda? BECAUSE IT IS HER RECIPE, that is why ffs. Substitute the Gluten free baking powder and baking soda from the recipe list if you are having ocd issues, it is not rocket science.
    Well that was just rude.
  • sympha01
    Options

Meh, it's a free country. She's absolutely free to post an illogical recipe. I'm free to point out that it's illogical. You're free to judge me for questioning your friend (sister, I'm guessing?). I'm free to judge you for having a hysterical rage out to someone questioning your friend.

It's the circle of life, young man. Welcome to MFP -- people here ask questions. Do you need a hug or something?

ragRsJ5.gif
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but you'll have to resolve this by Jello wrestling in a kiddie pool.
  • ScaryMaryOne
    ScaryMaryOne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, so there can be no gluten there. Unless it is added. As for baking powder, I'm not sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure that it is a simple salt, like sodium bicarbonate, and therefore could not have any gluten either. Unless it is added.

If flour is not an ingredient, and if wheat gluten itself is not an ingredient, then there is no gluten in a product. I think no-gluten-added products are a ripoff for most people. I knew a guy who found out he had celiac disease about 20 years ago, and he nearly died before the docs figured it out. If you have celiac disease, you will definitely know it, because you will be VERY VERY sick after ingesting wheat gluten. I'm pretty sure that people with celiac disease are the only ones who need to avoid gluten.

I suppose if someone thinks they feel physically better without the gluten, even though they do NOT have celiac disease, then it could be placebo effect. People really do not give placebo effect the respect it deserves. It is a very powerful factor.
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Meh, it's a free country. She's absolutely free to post an illogical recipe. I'm free to point out that it's illogical. You're free to judge me for questioning your friend (sister, I'm guessing?). I'm free to judge you for having a hysterical rage out to someone questioning your friend.

It's the circle of life, young man. Welcome to MFP -- people here ask questions. Do you need a hug or something?

ragRsJ5.gif
    Dreadfully wrong on all counts. Just stating the obvious ;-)
  • delladawn
    delladawn Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

ragRsJ5.gif

Ouch.... Let's back to the recipe folks