same weight for 2 months

Options
i lost 33 lbs. since mid-summer, but have not lost a pound in the last two months even though i've been sticking to it. doing a modified (old-style) weight watchers thing with moderate exercise. any suggestions for plateau-breakers?

Replies

• cclala
    cclala Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Would you be able to ramp up the exercise from moderate to a bit more intense? If not, are you varying your routine? Try a new class, challenge your body in new ways, build new muscles you haven't worked in the past. Yoga is great for this if you haven't tried it already. I find each class challenges new areas and keeps my body sore/strong in different spots.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your question is too general.

Assuming you use the myfitness pal app, over the past 14 days, how many calories under your daily goal calories (per your profile) have you logged. If you do not have this information, you are not being diligent enough and your diet/exercise has crept. or, your modified diet/moderate exercise program is not correct for your goals.

Assuming you have been diligent in your diet and workout, one of two things is happening 1) Your metabolism has adapted and you need to decrease your calorie intake or increase your calorie output. Target 200 per week respectively so you do not shock your system. 2) You are not eating/drinking the right foods.

It really is simple math, put out 3500 cals more per week than you take in and you WILL loose a pound. If that is not happening, start by looking at the numbers.
  • jsb4
    jsb4 Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you, i appreciate your suggestions. :)
  • aprylfischer
    Options
    Do some strength training! Muscle is very important and you don't have "bulk" up. The more muscle you have in your body the more calories you burn when you do nothing at all:)