Do you exercise every day of the week?

Options
I am doing the 30 Day Shred, and I generally exercise every day. I figured I am suppose to with this, but some people say I need to take a day off. What do you think? How often do you exercise?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    6 days a week ...one day break from strenuous excercise but i never take a break from eating right.....
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Your muscles need recuperation time!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    It's not good to go hard core every day. Your muscles need a break too.

Here's a article that may help:

http://exercise.about.com/od/healthinjuries/f/exercisebreak.htm

There are so many more articles on the internet so if you need for help just use the search engine :)
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    As others have said a day of rest is needed.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I work out intensely in the gym for an hour 5 days a week. The 2 days Im not in the gym I still will go for a walk, do housework, swim etc combining everyday stuff with exercise. So those 2 days I remain physically active. Its important to realise that being active is a big part of maintaining ones weight loss. Going to the gym then sitting on the couch watching TV is not reforming your attitude towards your physical self. We have to adopt a new way of viewing everyday activity levels and learn to think actively I do it now without thinking. If I see something that needs doing I dont postpone or put off I do it straight away or as soon as I can.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Great question to ask! I wondered myself too. I asked my trainer tonight and she said 5-6 days for weight loss and 3-4 days for maintaining, of course this is her perspective, but i have heard similar information as well. Right now i am doing 2 days of cardio sculpt, and 2 days of "butts & guts" ( haha funny name i know) and then i will do the other 2 days of cardio, maybe abs etc..I know i was doing too much of the same things ( upper body) and it was wearing me out, but if you give those muscles a break in between, i've heard it will build leaner muscle.. ( i could be wrong? just passing on the info i just found out tonight) Good Luck! And let me know what you find to be successful!! :)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Wish I had the time and the energy to exercise every day. I really need to get into the habit of at least doing something every day even if it's just 30 minutes of yoga.

I only really exercise 2 - 3 days a week but one of those days is time at the gym and a 1 hour private yoga class.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    5-6 days depending on the intensity of what I'm doing that week. If I do a race on the weekends I take a couple days to recover.
  • cmgriffis
    Options
    I personally exersice about 3-4 days of the week. Although, when I do, it's for quite some time and it's a pretty intense work out!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for the past 5 years. Doing so has helped me to lose and keep off 43 lbs!

Sharon
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    6 days here also....