Hello. I'm new and would like to make friends.

Options
Hello. My name is Alexandra. I'm 27 years old and have a 2 year old daughter. I decided yesterday that enough is enough. I'm very unhappy with my weight (230lbs and I'm 5'3 so I am roughly 100 lbs over weight) and I told myself I had to do something about it. I've been making excuses for years telling myself I'm happy with the way I am, I'll start next week, I'm too fat to work out, the list goes on. I have a very supportive husband and one very supportive best friend but I was really hoping to maybe find some friends on here that I could relate to or who are maybe going through the same struggles I am. I'm really trying my hardest to make a change. My reason for losing weight isn't so much to "look sexy" but more so because I can't even keep up with daughter. I can't even play with her outside because I get winded after 2 minutes. I'm pretty much at rock bottom. All I wear is sweat pants and jackets to hide my body. I pretty much cry every time I look at myself in the mirror. I feel disgusted with myself. I have to make a change. For myself for my daughter. I need to be healthy for both of us. I want to be around to see her grow up and I want to be able to keep up with her. I would really love some help and support. Please feel free to add me. I look forward getting to know you guys/gals and would love to be someone's support as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Replies

• rachaelgoslan
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Rachael, 38 and on here every day :) Add me if you want x
  • amser1
    amser1 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!!!!! ???????????????? I'm also on several times a week, feel free to add me! Or anyone else for that matter ????
  • emilisse
    emilisse Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I really appreciate it. :)
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a lot like you- my starting weight was 210lbs and I just want to be healthier. I don't have a little one, though :) Feel free to add me. I've only been on here about a month but I'm on every day.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I have a little over 100 left to lose. If you would like to motivate each other feel free to send me a friend request :) Congrats on deciding to get healthy for you and your family and nice to meet you :)
  • emilisse
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support. :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Cindy the cheerleader here. I log in every day. Very supportive but will tell you where its at ax well.

Add me if you like.
  • zodan1976
    zodan1976 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I have over 100lbs to lose.....I know excaly how you feel when you talk about looking in the mirror and feeling so worn when your kids want to go out and play.....(I have a 5yr old and 3yr, plus a 10) Add me if you want!! I just started a few days ago really logging on here and my goal is to be on here everyday now.....Good luck!
  • emilisse
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement! I look forward to sharing this experience with all of you. :)<3
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Good luck to you.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • fatbegone85
    Options
    My reason for losing weight isn't so much to "look sexy" but more so because I can't even keep up with daughter. I can't even play with her outside because I get winded after 2 minutes. I'm pretty much at rock bottom. All I wear is sweat pants and jackets to hide my body. I pretty much cry every time I look at myself in the mirror. I feel disgusted with myself. I have to make a change.

I must be vain. I totally want to lose weight to look hot naked ;-p. I have a little one as well and she's so active, I want to be around and healthy when she's older. Don't feel disgusted with yourself. When I have those moments, I go out my way to dress up. To put on a nice maxi dress, do my hair nice. Find my inner sexy and remind myself I'm a work in progress. I log in daily and have close to 100 a lose.
  • QueenCat135
    QueenCat135 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, and I have over 100 lbs to lose as well. Any of you can add me, if you'd like. =)
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I log every day. Feel free to add me :) I'm also 27
  • Emerald5671
    Emerald5671 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would love to cheer you on! I have two girls and have struggled with my weight for quite some time. I gained about 100 pounds since being married and having children. Please add me if you'd like. You can do this!
  • tonya7890
    tonya7890 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I am so excited to be starting the same journey as you because we are the same weight and height. I just started last week and it has been a great week. Add me if you want to I am on here every day.
  • emzmc
    emzmc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey my names Emily I'm 24. Back on here after putting on 30 pounds back on after losing 42 pounds. Add me if you want :)
  • scflg76
    scflg76 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Alexandria! I'm Suzanne. 18 years ago, I went from 120 lb to 286 lbs in 18 months. Two years ago, I lost 70 lbs. Since January, I've gained 40 lbs. (All of this was health related & just being too tired/depressed to deal with watching what I ate.) I set up my MFP account tonight after bra shopping. They just don't make a size 46-48 in a B cup! In that dressing room, I really looked at myself. And here I am.

Feel free to add me as a friend. We can definitely encourage each other!