Athletic Greens

Options
Looking for opinions from those who have used or are using Athletic Greens.

How long used? Noticeable benefits? Any weight loss? Is it filling? Taste? Would you recommend?

Thanks,

Replies

• irishmama23
    Options
    Nothing? :wink:
  • kmcgallery
    kmcgallery Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I take AG every day and I also take the Omega's & D3's. Let me be up front and tell you that my hubby works for the company BUT I will share MY experience with you, that's all. Promise.

I started taking it a year ago on & off. If I remembered, I took it. I never had taken a liquid supplement before, so my first impression of the product was that it looked like swamp water after I mixed it up! I was honestly hesitant to try it. At first I thought the take was "not bad" or just "ok," but I think if you are accustomed to taking this kind of thing you will find it to be on the sweet side with no bad taste. I've given it to friends who eat all kinds of health foods and supplements and they've had positive comments.

I know people report all kinds of positive results from AG ranging from not getting sick to feeling amazing and losing weight. Personally, the biggest change I notice is the benefits to my digestion even by the second day. Otherwise, I would say that I never take it after 4pm because it gives me a little energy kick that might keep me awake. I had my hubby ask Chris, the owner, about this and he said there are no stimulants in it, so his guess is that my insides are doing the "happy dance" because I gave them so many good things. :D

Sidebar, my hubby has taken this regularly for almost 2 years and hasn't gotten sick once! He used to get sinus infections and upper respiratory infections at least 2-3 times a year and since he started the greens he hasn't even gotten a cold.. the flu... nothing! I think I've been sick maybe once this last year. (knock on wood)

In November I discovered some health stuff going on with me and immediately started faithfully taking the greens every day..... I don't figure I can risk NOT taking them now. I want to give my bod every opportunity to be healthy and fix itself where it can.

OK, weight loss due to the greens? I know many people experience this, but unfortunately, I haven't noticed that in myself. Until recently, my eating habits had gotten pretty bad, so my weight loss now is probably due to drastic dietary changes. I've had a terrible time losing weight until I really started tracking... probably due to my age, hormones & lack of exercise. I am consistently losing weight and I am consistently taking AG, so who know for sure. AG isn't a "weight loss" product- it's a Nutrition product.

Is it filling? Yes, I think so. My diary says I have it in the am (which is recommended), but every now and then I put it off a bit and use it to hold me over between meals.

I don't know if you care about this sort of thing, but I always have, so I'll share my "insider info!".... I've wondered at times about all these health products and the big wigs up there just trying to sell us another promise while most of it is just clever marketing and they know it. I wonder if they care at all. I want to tell you first hand that the owner of Athletic Greens, Chris "The Kiwi" is one of the most humble, sincere, kind-hearted guys you will ever want to meet.

I promise you that this guy cares about his customers and won't give us junky ingredients with high dollar names, but the absolute best stuff he can get his hands on. Even though I can't pronounce most of what's on the label and don't know what half of it does, Chris knows his stuff and he has it covered. He developed the product for himself because he was terribly sick and was told by the Dr.'s he wasn't going to make it. His body wasn't absorbing the nutrients from regular food and he became malnourished (ya, the health nut, Nutritionist, fitness dude just like the trainers you see at the gym was deathly malnourished). There were other problems, too for Chris, but he had an urgent need for this product himself. He didn't just buy someones company because they wanted to retire.

He's the real deal and I value knowing what's going on behind the scenes in this day and age when corporate business seems to have lost it's conscience.

I hope this helps,
    K
  • irishmama23
    Options
    Thanks! I started last Monday and haven't missed a day. I do notice I have more energy and its filling, so I eat less in the morning. I'll keep you posted on if I see other changes. I appreciate the time you took to respond.
  • kmcgallery
    kmcgallery Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My pleasure!
  • Chelsearmenn
    Options
    Irishmama, I was curious how did this work our for you? Did you get an increase in energy? How bout weight loss? Wanting to start this, but looking for someone with results. Please and thank you!
  • lovettbayne
    lovettbayne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A month ago I started taking AG and am now a believer in it.
    My energy level is up, I haven't gotten sick, and I always get sick in January, and my workouts are at a higher intensity which I attribute to the energy. This maybe TMI however my digestive system is working better.
    My husband has now started taking it. He is one of those folks who has to work out to keep weight on but I am anxious to see how AG works for him.
  • harris970
    Options
    DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION FROM THIS COMPANY THEY STOLE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AFTER I CANCWELLED THE SUBSCRIPTION!!! THE ARE FRAUDS AND A SCAM!!
    To KMCGALLERY...if your husband works for the company I couldn't live with myself knowing that the company steals money from hard working people and is not honest and upholds their witten stated values. Maybe he could help me on how to get back the money his company stole and overdraft fees caused by my bank because of his company's negligence.
  • pattyp9983
    Options
    wow! I am surprised by that harris970. I was taking AG for about a year on auto ship and cancelled without any problem at all. Let me say that it was only the cost that was the reason for the cancellation. I really love the product and have recently re-ordered it. More energy is the first thing I noticed along with better digestion. (which is important for me since I have a disease called cholitis.)
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    what's the difference between AG and Shakeology? I mean I guess it costs $30 less so that's something :tongue:
  • sbblackwell
    Options
    I am thinking about ordering this for my sister who has auto-immune disease. @cwsreddy, from my research, the superfoods to eat together are Broccoli, Spirulim and Green Tea Extract...I looked at the ingredients in shakeology (vanilla - i assume the flavors will have same main ingredients) and Shakeology doesnt have the Broccoli. I used to drink shakeology and I never really noticed any difference so I quit ordering it.
  • kimmienotlikeAG
    Options
    You may be using this stuff, and that's all well & fine. I'm just going to tell you about my experience with this company. Firstly, I bought into the "try it for free"....see if you like it. I was instantly charged for the product. I personally think it tastes like pond scum. The comments that it has a refreshing taste...sort of sweet...totally ridiculous! I think it's nasty and I could barely stomach it! Secondly when I asked them why I was charged, I got the run around. When it came right down to it, I blame myself because I didn't read the extremely fine print. So, I will just say one thing....when you look at this companies web site and their testimonials...look at whether or not there is a place for the normal person to add a comment. Is there? Nope! This is a scam. Why wouldn't they want anyone/everyone to comment? Why? Because it doesn't work! These people that say they are getting an instant lift are brain washed by propaganda. Just the thought of drinking something has them thinking they are feeling better & more energized. Whata scam! Don't waste your money. Buy a product where the company is afraid of what their consumer's say about it. Think about it. And, for $97? Are you kidding me?
  • kimmienotlikeAG
    Options
    Don't waste your money!
  • Snpc101
    Snpc101 Posts: 1
    Options
    Seriously, don't waste your time or money. It doesn't work, it taste like crap and the company is SHADY as hell. The exact same thing that happened to kimmienotlike and harris970 happened to me. I just hope people will see this BEFORE they try this product. You will be charged for that "free trial" not just the $8.95 shipping but the full price of $97. Then, in my case at least, four days later will be charged for another bag of this crap if you don't call to cancel on time. Don't be 1 day late or you're getting that bag. Hassle to send it back too. My advice? Don't do it. I'm sure you can find something the same or better at your local nature supplement store that is not so ridiculously priced. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wowy, that does look snazzy (their website). Not sure if you are interested in organic raw types of similar products, but I would probably steer clear of this, just because of their very snazzy website, I'm a bit of a "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" cynic, and their website would cause me to steer clear of them. Plus, the money. I thought I was paying a LOT for Amazing Grass, Amazing Meal, but I see they are half the price, are organic and raw AND have almost the same list of ingredients. Plus, if Autoship is your thing, they give you 20% off as well as free shipping and the more you buy, the bigger the savings. Amazon will also autoship it to you monthly, if you buy from there. I personally try and buy directly from the company, but that's me. I think Amazing Greens is a great company and would like to see the price come down a bit, but that won't happen unless demand goes up.........or at least, that's how our economy used to work.............on a supply and demand, competitive basis.......who knows how it works at this piont?........sigh.....regardless, they are still half the price of Athletic Greens and are better sourced, apparently. I want to say here, that I've got no affiliation with the company, but I love the product and hope they stay in business. I was just able to buy a bunch at our local Co-Op for half of the usual price, so if you can get your local co-op to stock it, they'd probably get a good deal as a new customer and pass on the savings...........Good Luck!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Any company that promotes "kidz Superfood" should be ashamed of themselves.
  • swhite0730
    swhite0730 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been using Athletic Greens daily for about three months and love it. On day 4 I noticed my energy increased. After that I couldn't help but stay active. I started cleaning out all the bedroom closets in my house. I usually drink it pre-workout to give me a nice energy boost. No complaints with billing or cs. I read somewhere while signing up that if I did not cancel within 6 days, I would be billed for a full shipment of AG. Gotta read the fine print ; )
  • RGpackhorse
    Options
    I have been using AG for 6 months or more. I have lost 25 pounds, but do not claim that AG did that. I stated using it because I do not eat veggies and fruit like I should and was worried about my nutrition. It does give me more energy, which could have something to do with weight loss, and it taste very good to me. Almost makes my a bit cynical. When I figure out the daily costs, it is less than $3 a day and I spend much more than that on my beloved Pinot Grigio wine each night.

Fitness Pal has done more than anything to help me with my weight loss!!
  • 4hbsupplies
    Options
    You should check out a athletic greens review here, which include comparisons with 3 competing products. The comments there are quite insightful - http://www.fourhourbodysupplies.com/athletic-greens-review-and-comparison/

There's also 3 more articles, one that focuses on the negatives, one on the positive, and another on the alternatives for athletic greens.

hope you find them useful
  • ckoblick
    ckoblick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think Athletic Greens is a great product.

Taste: The taste is actually very good compared to many others green supplements you can get out their. Others I have had to try and hide the taste. This one actually is good... not just tolerable. Of course you would not know this if you never tried any other the other ones.

Energy: I do think it doe give you a burst of energy when you first start taking it. I can still tell a difference if I don't take it but not the energy boost it did in the beginning.

Health benefits: since I started taking this product I haven't been sick except for pink eye. I did get a slight stuffy nose but nothing compared to how sick I have gotten in the past. One thing I attribute to AG is that a year ago I had a eye test to tell me the likelihood of me macular degeneration eye disease. I was a .1 between 0-1. they like you to be over .45. I took an eye supplement for 3 months not the 6 months recommended. When I got retested I was a .53. I am ecstatic! This disease runs in my family and my uncle and mother has it right now. To make the odds of me not getting that go way down.... Well I can't put a price on my eyesight. Or my health as far as that goes.
    I wouldn't knowingly or willing give those up for any money in the world! I say that.... and I mean it but sometimes.... I buy ice cream or a donut and eat it when I know it is not a healthy choice for me.

I also noticed something I have not heard anyone else mention. the donuts and cake and ice cream and other not good for you items do not taste as good. And the 'little Debbie" like products....? they taste nasty.

I have not lost any weight yet which I really need to do. But health wise- I think this is a great supplement. And I have no plans to stop taking it. It is expensive. I just don't buy meals out as much or buy things I don't need. this is because I AM WORTH IT!!
  • AMC4x4
    AMC4x4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I ordered the trial and was instantly charged $8.95 for shipping on the trial, and another $105.90 for what I guess is another package as well. The order form said the only thing I would be charged for was the $8.95, and after that I had 21 days to cancel. I ordered several hours ago, and now have two charges on my Amex. Good thing I paid for it with Amex because I will be canceling in the morning and if the charge isn't reversed, I will be contacting Amex about it.

I did a search for Athletic Greens scam after noticing the charge, and it brought me here. I should have done the search first. :(