looking for friends in the 60's and arthritic

Options
I am new. Just started Jan 2nd. I am nearly 60 and very arthritic. I have osteo-arthritis and exercising is very hard for me to do.I had back surgery 2 yrs ago but the arthritis is in my back again,plus all over.I know I will feel better when I get the wt off that I need to get off. And I do have a treadmill that I thought I'd try again. I would just like a friend in the similar situation that I could draw strength and encouragement from.

Replies

• attack11
    Options
    Hi. I'm 66 and I also have osteo arthritis. In my back and all over too. Had to have one hip replaced and will probably have to have both knees done. I can't exercise much either. I joined Dec. 31st. You can be my friend if you want.
  • HeyRed954
    Options
    Just joined the other day. We are having a "Biggest Loser" competition where I work. Many of us have joined myfitness. I will be 57 this September. I have not had to have any surgeries but my knees are really bad, both arthritis and injuries in my younger years. I was told that for every 10 pounds you lose you take 100 pounds per square inch off of the knees. I need to lose about 80 pounds. I do believe my knees would be extremly happy with that result. But I am taking it one or two pounds at a time. Take care and hang in there.
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    You might have hit a slow time because of the low number of responses you have. Everytime someone posts on this thread now it will bring it back to the top of the recent posts list for people to see.