I've hit my goal !!

Options
I just wanted to tell everyone that as of this morning, I have lost 79 lbs and I have hit my goal of 136 lbs.
So from now on I am maintaining.. I never thought I would get here.

Am I best, just upping my daily calories by 100 a day for a week or two and see if I stay the same, or up my daily calories by more or less?

I am 51, 5 ft 5" tall - 136 lb , I walk on treadmill 5 miles a day, six days a week ( throughout the day ) and I eat when losing weight 1500 calories a day.

My fitness pal says I should be eating 1730 calories, but I don't know if I should just up it to this, or up it slowly?

Replies

• CanyonTrekker
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations! :smile: I'll be turning 50 this year, so it is encouraging to see others around the same age achieving their goals. It certainly does take more work then it did at even 40. Great accomplishment....you should be proud!
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Fabulous!!! You are rocking it!!!

Move very slow toward your recommended maintenance calories, and don't freak out if the scale moves a pound....you have to find your happy number that works for YOUR body and energy level.

Find some physical fun activity that you enjoy. So many people stop moving after hitting their goal...and forget its good to move the body not just for weight loss, for overall general health.

You should be VERY proud of yourself! :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That's great!! A huge CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm not quite there yet, but working on it ;-)

If you've been on a daily deficit, I would up my cals slowly. Maybe 100cals at a time and stay there for a week. If you keep losing, up them a bit more. When you hit the 'right' amount, you may gain a little back, because your body will fill up the glycogen and water stores, you depleted during weightloss. This is absolutely normal and one reason I want to lose a little more than my 'goal' and than inch back up to it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You did GREAT.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    well done, fab achievement!
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Am I best, just upping my daily calories by 100 a day for a week or two and see if I stay the same, or up my daily calories by more or less?

My fitness pal says I should be eating 1730 calories, but I don't know if I should just up it to this, or up it slowly?

You lost a lot of weight figuring things out...I think your plan of 100 calories increase for a week or two is a good plan. Watch your activity levels tho. Backing off on activities is the same as eating more calories...sort of.

You will LOOOVE maintenance. Congrats!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    well done
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    awesome job! well done :)
    ...maintaining is a new ball game...I would up your cals to 1700 for now, give that a few more weeks and if you're staying the same then you've nailed it :)
    If you keep being active you probably could eat a little bit more and remain same weight...its about finding your perfect number :)

I'm a bit smaller, 5ft 3" and currently 134lb - to maintain I eat 1900, If I want to lose I eat 1500 :) I'm also very active.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

You lost a lot of weight figuring things out...I think your plan of 100 calories increase for a week or two is a good plan. Watch your activity levels tho. Backing off on activities is the same as eating more calories...sort of.

You will LOOOVE maintenance. Congrats!

Yes, this is what I'm doing, easing my way up. I don't want that 5 pound bounce-back from glycogen so I'm easing my way up to maintenance. Congrats to you OP on achieving your goal!
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't offer any advice on maintaining as I'm not there yet, but I just wanted to say a huge Congratulations on your amazing achivement. You should be so proud of yourself :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. Congratulations!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'd go with slowly increasing your calories by 100 every couple weeks and see what happens.
  • Bgirl72
    Bgirl72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, this is GREAT encouragement for me!:flowerforyou:
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    :happy: !!!!!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You should be so proud of yourself! We're proud of you! I'm still stuck in my weight loss mindset even though I'm in maintenance mode, but I plan to up my calories by 100 for a week, then 100 more, and so on. I'm excited! Good luck!!
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You are an inspiration, and you probably will influence others as a bonus. Good for you!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I upped half and kept there for a month to see how my body reacted. Maintenance is a matter of finding a long term balance. Good luck!
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!