Looking for Help and Motivation!!!

Options
Okaay so I really want to lose weight but I keep finding myself starting and stopping diets every few weeks....
I get so depressed and just want to eat.
Plus I have a big problem with soda....
Id love to have new friends to help with all the struggle im having.
So add me and HELP MEEE!! lol
Give me the motivation and support I need.
Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• xsamjb81x
    xsamjb81x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Im looking for friends on here and wondered if we could be motivation for each other? I am a single mom and need some adult support. I too have a problem with drinks like Coca cola and redbull and chocolate (evil but yummy!!!!) I will be online everyday so can keep an eye on your progress and help motivate

Thanks

Sam
  • schaffermdj
    schaffermdj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat, but now seem to be on track, almost 50 days logged. Please feel free to add me for motivation and support. I could always use some new friends.:smile:
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    well soda is probably one of the worse thing we could drink, it is very addicting. I myself don't drink it every, water and seltzer is my go to drink. I believe it doesn't matter what our weakness is, we need to learn to overcome the need and the addiction, i smoked for 40 years and finally have quit 3 1/2 years ago. because of that i gained 30lb. I do understand the pull of and addition.
    On this site it truly is one day at a time and if you fall just come back the next day, One of the things you will gain is awareness to the things you need to stay away from and most important just log all of your food even when it is bad, you will see your patterns and your weaknesses and will one day get it! it can be done its just hard getting started. So good luck ladies and be strong
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Okaay so I really want to lose weight but I keep finding myself starting and stopping diets every few weeks....
    Thanks Everyone!

In the quotes below you'll find several useful links. The sexypants link is the noobs go-to thread. And so you're new here is very useful too. If you check all the info provided in those links, you'll have the tools that you need.

At MFP, you aren't starting a diet. You are changing your way of life. Once you get started, you'll realize this is the way you want to live your life. As for soda, you either need to moderate it, say, one can a day, or whatever fits your calorie budget, or switch to diet, or give it up.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide
    :
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • joeyrebecca
    joeyrebecca Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I need the motivation... Hi, my name is Joey! :)
  • wade1131997
    wade1131997 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I decided to start loosing and keep it off in April of this year. It has been hard but seems doable. Right now I have not exercised to much the past week. I am eating ok I have lost a little over 20 pounds just struggling with water to drink also. I have along way to go but I will get there. I would love to be fifty pounds lighter by the end of the year.Any support I would appreiciate.
  • Good morning, I too used to love Soda until I educated myself on how bad it is to our body. In a sense it is pure poison. Soda will cause osteoporosis in the long run and slowly deteriorate your body. YOU CAN STOP THAT! Don't buy any of those products, out of sight out of mind. Keep focused on what your goal is and think before you put anything in your mouth. I changed my lifestyle in August 2013 when my health went downhill and my doctor told me if I don't lose the weight and take care of myself I was going to die!

I stopped for a moment and did some serious thinking! I am happily married and have a beautiful son, I didn't want them to suffer should something happend to me, so I prayed and stopped buying all the "junk" that I used to eat.

It is all about discipline!

Remember this:

Nothing is ever done without discipline, the only obstacle is yourself! Stop the excuses and Accomplish your goals!

Good luck! Keep in touch!
  • Jimster1981
    Jimster1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!

Hi. I am in the same boat really, have tried for several years to lose weight but after recently weighing myself, I decided to treat MFP like an obsession. I've followed the recommendations of MFP for 1 week 2 days now and I feel much better in myself, have lost 7lb(most likely all water) but ultimately its about how I feel and how my body is rewarding that. I have much more energy, a better sleep pattern and feel positive.

Just log log log thats all you need to do, and of course try to stay within the recommend calorie intake and you'll be well on your way.

Don't ban foods, just have them in moderation and all should be good. If Soda is an issue, try switching to sugar free or replace with water, easier said than done I know but you'll probably find a small change like that will have a big impact.

All the best
  • GothJuice
    GothJuice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I like you, manage to keep things up steady for a few weeks, but for me something will happen in my personal life that prevents me from going to the gym and getting back into it is like the hardest thing in the world for me!

I used to have a big problem with caffeine, I managed to kick the habit, and also managed to pretty much stop drinking fizzy drinks, which was hard because my partner practically lives off Pepsi so it is doable! Feel free to add me, the more the merrier! ^_^