I hate running...

Options
...but I crossed the Race for Life 5km finish line in 32 minutes!

b658a5dd-f0d1-44a9-b64a-08098dd5d26c_zpsd5f33da4.jpg

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yay!
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • krebsi
    krebsi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    well done!!!
  • JaneyB311
    JaneyB311 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I took up running 2 months ago after thinking it was something that would never be possible for me. I have a love/hate relationship with it......I hate doing it but love the results and the sense of achivement! I'm signed up to do the Race for Life in 4 weeks and am a little scared, the most I can run so far is 2 miles, so I've got 4 weeks to get up to the 3 miles/5k mark. Oh dear!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's how I feel. When I'm done my body feels amazing and I love how sweaty I am and I've noticed its great for the abs BUT during a run my brain never stops staying, 'C'mon just stop, lets stop now, stop'.

I gotta say Race for Life was an incentive in itself to keep going, the crowd, the buzz, for me the weather was great also, I never once felt the urge to stop and the bounus I improved my average time by 8 minutes.

You'll be ready in the time left to you if you run at least twice a week. Good luck. Link me when you've done it..
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations :) That is just about my current pace for a 5K, if I could talk myself into continuing to run after 1.5 miles.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I hate running too... this is why I am training for a 5k right now! Challenge.
    Congrats on yours!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!