Tired and struggling

Options
Morning Everyone,

I've been on this new healthy lifestyle for a while now and have been really good and motivated in regards to eating and exercise. But today, I've just had enough. Got weigh in later and I'm dreading it as I think I'm going to have put on this week.

I got into my next stone bracket last week, which was amazing and the thought of going up again is depressing me.

I'm so tired and fed up. Just want to crawl into bed, eat rubbish and watch TV all day :sad: :yawn:

Replies

• Borrowed_time
    Borrowed_time Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been at this a few years now, and I lose very slowly :)

Don't sit and beat yourself up and make yourself feel down about fluctuations - they are going to happen.

This is obviously a bad day and your head is in negative mode - just accept today as one of those days when you are going to have to battle through. Take it one day at a time and if necessary one hour at a time - you are doing well, you are being successful and getting there.

No matter how slow..... or how painful it seems... you may be like me who has had times when I've stalled for months - because my head was refusing to accept I could keep going :) So if necessary take time out and maintain until you are able to kick it back into gear...
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling rather defeated as well. I've been maintaining a diet and exercise regimen that should have resulted in a few pounds lost over the last two weeks but my weight is steady. The people I trust say to just keep at it. The only thing keeping me from just going out and drowning my sorrows in junk food is the fact that my body does feel stronger.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? Because what helps me in times when I've feel like I've blown it is at look at the numbers. MFP has the deficit built in, so if you're set to lose a lb per week, then you would have to have eaten 500 calories above your daily goal every day to maintain your weight. And another 500 calories per day on top of that in order to have gained a pound. So even if you had a bad week, did you have a 7000 calorie bad week? Sometimes looking at it from that perspective is reassuring.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have just been on a good walk around the field at work, about 1.7 miles in 30 mins.

I have eaten well this week and exercised, but just feel heavy this week.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place right now. I have sixty to lose and so far I've lost 19. I feel heavy and fat and I'm not making good food choices. Just last month eating right was so easy and now I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. i might go to maintenance for a few days to recharge and go at it again.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have just been on a good walk around the field at work, about 1.7 miles in 30 mins.

I have eaten well this week and exercised, but just feel heavy this week.

Good job on taking that walk. Feeling heavy can be disheartening. Now stand back for a second.....you have lost 18lbs. That is friggin awesome. Take that from someone who's weight ticker shows zero.