How much weight before I see a change?

Options
2»

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    Well, you might not feel like you are showing much difference, but a LOT has happened inside! :wink: You have already lost 10% of your body weight! :drinker:

From Web MD: "''We have seen a consistent pattern in our weight loss studies that when patients lose 5%-10% of their body weight, they lower blood pressure, reduce LDL ["bad"] cholesterol, improve glucose tolerance, and in general, lower the risk for cardiovascular disease," says Catherine Champagne, a researcher with Louisiana State University's Pennington Biomedical Research Center." http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-weight-gain-tons-of-benefits

Keep up the ggod work and don't get discouraged! :flowerforyou:
  • sjh8403
    sjh8403 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow! I haven't been able to check this all day because I was at work, but it was so encouraging to come home and read all of these encouraging posts!! It's so funny because right after I posted this I went to work. After about 30 minutes of being there a guy who works across the hall from me came over and said "You've been losing weight haven't you?" It just made me giggle so much. As requested, here is a before and after picture. The left one is of me from my wedding day about three months ago. Man, I wish I'd started this journey before that day! However, I'm happy that I'm getting healthy and active so that I can enjoy my life with my new husband.

2m35h8n.jpg
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference in your face! Keep up the great work!
  • sjh8403
    sjh8403 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The heavier you are the more it will take to notice the difference, I had 73lbs to lose and it was about the 40lbs mark the I could really notice the difference just by looking at myself in the mirror. Clothes were loser, i was buying smaller sizes etc but when you look at yourself every day small changes wont show up. This could also explain why your friends/people at work haven't seen much differences, if you see them 5 times a week if could take you 50/60 for them to really notice the differece.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    about 20-30lbs before i went down a belt notch in addition to my wife noticing some changes. She was the only person aware of my WOE.. 90lb+ before getting comments from others.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    830391eb-50a4-41f2-b284-75c72eecf430_zpsbc0f5142.jpg?t=1404077008
    Congrats on your success. You look great!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    2m35h8n.jpg
    Congrats to you, too. You guys are inspirational and really nice to share these!

Thanks.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    830391eb-50a4-41f2-b284-75c72eecf430_zpsbc0f5142.jpg?t=1404077008
    Congrats on your success. You look great!

Thank you!