What new things have you tried since losing weight?

Options
Is there something you always wanted to do when you were fat, but either a) physically couldn't for some reason or b) were just too afraid to? Something new you've found to love in your life? So much of my "love" and enjoyment in life is now centered around food... trying to get ideas of new things to try! Think I've been at a little stand-still in life, maybe. :)

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've gotten back into bicycling, swimming, and amusement park rides, now that I've lost weight. Although I started riding a bike again before I joined My Fitness Pal. But I was already down 40-ish pounds from my highest weight so I guess that still counts :-)

This one may be silly but I've tried new stores & brands for clothing a lot since I am in non-plus sizes for the first time since childhood. Buying underwear from Victoria's Secret was something I'd never done before. Lots of stores I have shopped in for the first time ever and love (Loft being my favorite).
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Do you rrrrrrrealy want to know?:tongue:
  • Burghaus
    Burghaus Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cut the grass in the backyard with my shirt off.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

hee hee hee :blushing:
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

^^^ :blushing: :laugh: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wearing shorts! :bigsmile: Now... I can't imagine wearing jeans during the summer!!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    -I went rapelling
    -Ziplining (2000 ft up, 5 suspended bridges, 55 mph , 1.5 mile long.)
    -Hand gliding
    -Athough not new....Airport "Flying" (couldnt fit in seats before)
    -Running
    -Biking
    :glasses::wink:
  • apgabriel915
    apgabriel915 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started cycling again. My butt doesn't hurt as much from the seat anymore which keeps me riding. I also put on a bathing suit that I got for our vacation in November and wasn't upset. I wasn't super happy but I have plenty of time and I know I'm so far ahead of where I was.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options

^^^ :blushing: :laugh: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile:

We will scar the poor children on here (who are not supposed to be here) for life!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 16 lbs but I went to a concert on Thursday for the first time since 1985. I fit in the seat and had a blast! My Fitbit kept flashing because of all the clapping and my friend said I was worse than the folks taking pics LOL.
  • brizzeem
    brizzeem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest changes for me is my confidence. I would no longer say no to doing something thinking I'd look like afool or wouldn't be able to do it because of my wieght. I've very confident in myself now and it clearly shows. Confidence opens other peoples eyes too and they look at you in a different manner.

I no longer question myself which has been the best feeling for me so far.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    YES! I:
    1. Bought a bike & started biking
    2. Rappelled down an office building
    3. Flew on multiple airplanes without needing a seatbelt extension!
    4. Competed in my first triathlon
    5. Went skydiving
    6. Rode all the rides at Six Flags!
    7. My first DUathlon is this weekend.
    8. Vacation coming up in August- Kayaking and whitewhater rafting are on the agenda. Maybe ziplining too (or we'll save it for the big vacation next year)
    9. Uh, new flexibility and abilities for happy fun times.
    10. Shopping in regular clothing stores!

I'm sure there will be more to come, but that's a pretty good list for a start.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was never one to wear clothes that fit really well.... TIGHT.... or even showed that I actually had a figure under all that fat.

NOW I AM A TIGHT DRESS AND PANTS AND TOP WEARING DIVA! I am so grateful for this opportunity!!!!!

IT SURE FEELS AWESOME TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE ARE STARING FOR SOME OTHER REASON THAN BECAUSE I AM OBESE. :flowerforyou:

The same people that used to treat me strange because I was Obese... are treating me strange because I lost weight. :noway:

I get the last laugh!
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash! This year will be three years in a row with my best friend! Never would attempt something like a 5k with obstacles if I was still at my starting weight. We both started running for the first time that year.

This year we're focusing on hiking. We've been on a handful of hikes with a good amount of elevation to train for our big goal for the year--hiking Mt. St. Helens! That's in 3 weeks!

After hiking season, I want to try my hand at indoor rock climbing :)
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have really gotten into hiking and kayaking. Now when the weekend gets close we start trying to come up with somewhere to go that has either hiking trails or somewhere to kayak.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Cx works and body pump.

Bought new underwear and it all matches... now that's new.. before some of my underwear was older than my children.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    For me, 11 days in and 8 lbs down? Just walking is a miracle. And I got 4 miles in this weekend. I am trucking on!
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Running - couldn't do it a year ago.
  • Faemusic
    Faemusic Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, people.
    I've never been into sports/physical activities (which may be part of the reason I need to lose all this weight!), so the idea of being "able" to do many of those things really doesn't have much appeal to me. Have any of you had the same experience?
    I think it will be nice to be able to not shop in the "fat people clothing store", as I always call it. Will be nice to feel less lethargic, too...
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    1. Bought short shorts to run in.. It is freaking hot during the summer in southern louisiana so they are great. Never wore shorts before.

2. Went back to ballet after 17 years!

3. And yes... the inappropriate answer is that I might walk around my house without a lot of clothes on (I live alone so it isnt a show)... but I love my body for the first time in my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!