Maybe moving here soon

Options
Just a little note to say: I may be joining you guys soon. Trying to figure out what my final 'goal' weight is, and though I still have fat to lose I also know I need to build muscle and tone. I've bounced my goal weight between 150 & 130 and honestly don't know where it will end up. (But once I got to 150, I felt optimistic enough to move it lower!)

I'm 5' 5.5", 39 years old, working mother of 3 and my known heaviest was upper 180's, but started this process in December '13 at 178.5. I have been on & off this road for 12 years (to lose weight, live healthier) and this is the first time that 'maintenance' has been in sight. Feels good!

Replies

• jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I changed my goal weight about 5 times before I settled on one I was happy with. And more than the weight, I settled here because the clothes I liked fit well and looked cute :) Great job!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm 55 and moved my goal weight down three times before I hit where I am now. You can get your recommended weight from the NIH (and other charts). If you have average muscle, going from the middle of the range is probably a reasonable goal.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm in the normal BMI range now. :) Not sure exactly where my muscle mass falls. Certainly not on the high end - and perhaps not even average. Its always been a weak area for me: strength training.

I do have one oddity: was in a car accident years ago, and have titanium rods in my legs. The weight of those extra bits is approximately 4.5-6 pounds. The accident was about 3 weeks after my first ever attempt to lose weight, and so I thought to ask! (Was told 1.5-2 pounds each, and have 3.)

At this point I know there is still a good bit (IMO) of flab in the thighs/butt/stomach area - but I also know it should look like less as I tone & tighten the muscles beneath. Thinking that I'll continue my current deficit for the next month, then cut it down to 250 calories per day for a month and reassess. And now start focusing more on strength training. (No reason to put it off!)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congrats & welcome to the maintenance neighborhood :smile:
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great!

When I hit 150 (my original goal), I also decided to keep going. I think normal weight range for my height is like 126-169. Just kept doing what I was doing to get to my first goal and success. Then I made another goal and kept going. It was much easier, mentally, for me that way.