Watches! Polar?

Options
annziexo
annziexo Posts: 90 Member
Hey guys! I'm thinking of getting a watch that monitors your heart rate and how many calories you burn however I am not looking to spend more then £60 ish on one!

Two questions! 1. Are they useful? Should I? 2. If so which one is best value for money!

I'm looking at any brand :)

Also feel free to add me!

Replies

• RachaelWoo
    Options
    I got a Garmin sports watch for my birthday back in February, the FR70. Its a bit more than £60 (I think it was about double) but it comes with a HR strap to go around your chest which i find is more accurate than the readings just taken from the watch itself. I absolutely adore using it and it is definitely worth it's price tag - exceptional quality, easy to use and (when i compare it to MFP values for my workouts) its pretty accurate :)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 lightly used on eBay. Works great. You set it up entering your age, gender, height, weight and language. It will track your calories burned during steady state cardio (no HRM is reliable for HIIT cardio or weight lifting but I still use it simply to compare one day over another). You can the ability to review recent workouts from the past few days. You can pause your workout and resume it at anytime (while I do after my warm-up while I'm stretching). It's comfortable to wear and comes with a chest strap. I believe the wholesale price is around $100. I got it on eBay basically new for around $50.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar ft4 about a week ago. So far, I love the thing. MFP was saying I was burning a lot more calories than my Polar was telling me. It is nice to get a little more accurate count. I paid about 70 bucks for it on Amazon.
  • annziexo
    Options
    Ah great. I found a website that is selling the Polar FT4 for about 54 and Polar FT7 for 61 so was considering getting the FT7 as much difference in price! :) I will see what I decide on pay day haha!
  • liz_walkerrr
    liz_walkerrr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT4 in February and I have no complaints. I use it every day!
  • annziexo
    Options
    Do they link to the my fitness pal or do you have to enter in the information manually?
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Polar doesn't sync with MFP. I put everything in manually.
  • chandagator
    chandagator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the FT4 yesterday and I am in love with it...even went swimming in it :)