I want to lose 20lb in a month?! Let's be friends :)

Options
Hi lovely MFPers!
My name is Marie Claire.
I'm from Malta and actually going there next month and want to lose about 20lbs to look like I did last summer.
Malta is my motivation right now since we are going to be surrounded by beaches!
Just posting here to make some new friends so that we can encourage each other!!
Take Care and feel free to add me :D !

Replies

• SlimToBeSara
    Options
    Hi :) I too have about 20lbs to lose to get to my pre pregnancy size once again, I will add you if that is ok. Always nice to make more friends on here to help encourage me x
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Sorry, too much too fast. You will be happier if you just lose 2 pounds a week and make it a lifestyle change. I lost 50 pounds and never went on a diet. I ate at a deficit and got off my but and exercised. I eat around 2800 calories a day and maintain at that rate. Whatever you do to lose twenty pounds in a month will reverse as soon as you stop.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure if that's possible. ..In the very least it will mostly be muscle. You'll get what's affectionately called "skinny fat" as a result, since 20 lbs is all you have to left to lose. Maybe some not so pretty loose skin. Why not... Learn sustainable habits, find an exercise you enjoy, ideally some form of resistance training to retain your muscle, and keep the weight off by losing maybe 4 lbs in the time you have keft?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • NikkiX0X0
    NikkiX0X0 Posts: 16
    Options
    Your gunna be in the same boat next summer but with 30 or 40 to lose .

Horrible habit your creating .

Eat healthy , be active & patient .
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry, too much too fast. You will be happier if you just lose 2 pounds a week and make it a lifestyle change. I lost 50 pounds and never went on a diet. I ate at a deficit and got off my but and exercised. I eat around 2800 calories a day and maintain at that rate. Whatever you do to lose twenty pounds in a month will reverse as soon as you stop.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

In trying to lose 20 lbs in a month, you're taking the completely wrong approach to losing weight. It is simply not healthy and is definitely not sustainable, long term. But this is the way so many approach things now - instant gratification, or nothing at all.

I wish you all the best in losing weight, but you should reconsider the approach you're taking. I'm sure the folks in Malta will appreciate seeing you, whatever you weigh.