Hitting my protien macro

Options
eimaj5575
eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
I was having a very hard time hitting my protein bc I don't like protein drinks and I could not drink enough of it bc it was gross. What I found was a large can of chicken in a can and 1 cup of low fat greek plain yogurt was 390 calories and 77 grams of protein. Yay! so easy to hit my protein now and stay within calories. I just snack on it all day. Mix up some onions and celery and such and its a nice chicken salad and yummy. Can use tuna as well. Just a happy post that I can finally feel confident in eating my protein and not just drinking gross stuff to hit it.

Replies

• kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm glad you've found something you like. :)
  • medaide1
    medaide1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm only eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I could probably hit the protein easier, but I have this mental block that says I have to eat something AND something. Like a sandwich and chips or egg and potato. This eats up my calories on fats and carbs and never enough protein. Which also leads I think to not enough iron. I'm glad this works for you but I really don't care for the taste of canned chicken. Maybe I can get some chicken breast, cook them and have the same concept. Just hard at this calorie level.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I'm only eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I could probably hit the protein easier, but I have this mental block that says I have to eat something AND something. Like a sandwich and chips or egg and potato. This eats up my calories on fats and carbs and never enough protein. Which also leads I think to not enough iron. I'm glad this works for you but I really don't care for the taste of canned chicken. Maybe I can get some chicken breast, cook them and have the same concept. Just hard at this calorie level.

I am the same way when it comes to I want to eat something and something. Most of the time its a sandwich and special k cracker chips which are low calories and yummy. The sandwich usually consists of turkey and mustard or the chicken salad I mentioned on 40 calorie a slice bread. I am in the 1450 cal a day range and I know its hard to keep protein up and stay within calories. You can definitely cook your own chicken breast and do it that way. Its prob healthier that way also. I just like the fast and easy part to just opening the canned chicken and mixing the stuff. Greek yogurt alone I find is not very good but mixed as a salad taste yummy to me.