Baby weight battle here, anyone want to join for support?

Options
Hello,
Any moms interested in becoming friends? I'm trying to lose those "after baby" pounds and could use some support and inspiration. Just started spinning and it literally hurts to get on that bike the next day! Besides that I still can't say no to pizza night :)

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not currently accepting friend requests but I wanted to say you've got this! Don't have to say no to a pizza night, either ;) here's a good read to get you started

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I totally had that battle to lose the baby weight last year after I had my second baby. You can win! Just never give up, track 100%, and have patience. Remember weight loss isn't linear. There may be weeks you don't lose and weight will fluctuate up and down, especially starting new exercises. ♡ Any effort spent towards being healthier is worth it!
  • moni6645
    moni6645 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link, I will definitely read that! :)
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i do spin two to three times a week and i learned that pretty quickly you adjust to the feel of the seat, i promise! also, we still have pizza night around here, but we order papa john's take and bake, they have the delite pizzas which are thin crust and healthier toppings, they also weigh the ingredients as they put them on the pizza so you can count on it being fairly accurate. anyway, one slice of pizza usually runs between 200-250 cals so i get to have two or three slices depending on how i planned for it through the day and if i feel like having dessert.

i've learned that the most effective way for me to diet is to never decide i'm not allowed to have something. if i cut something out completely i tend to obsess over it. however, i'm technically still "allowed" to have fries and a burger, but i don't most of the time because i'd rather eat something more filling and usually healthier. i just count calories and exercise. two months done and i've lost 24 lbs so something seems to be working! anyway, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • moni6645
    Options
    Thank you d0v3r13,

The spinning is hard!!! I'm staying strong but my God it's hard ;) I'm hoping that soon I can up that resistance!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi there! New mom here as well. I would love to add you as a friend. :)
  • squeakybuttcheeks
    squeakybuttcheeks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello I am a mom of two boys and I gained a BUNCH of weight that I never lost from my first. My goal is pre baby weight by the time my youngest is two. That's in October! I could always use inspirational friends along the way! Feel free to add me

61979966.png
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There's a group called moms with babies. Tons of supportive ladies there.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm a "new" mom, my little girl just turned one. While I thankfully lost all the baby weight and more, my body composition is totally different (why hello there saggy belly)! I log daily and lift heavy (Stronglifts 5x5) to continue to lose body fat but retain muscle. Feel free to add me!
  • detroitmommy
    detroitmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 yr, 3 yr, and 2 yr old. Had 3 babies within 4 years. I'm still trying to lose from the 1st baby lol. Anyone can feel free to add me. I intend to be around every day!
  • moni6645
    Options
    Thank you ladies for being so supportive :)
  • kathym617
    kathym617 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My kids are 5.5, 4 and almost 4 months. I also work full time. I had lost the weight from #1 and #2 before getting pregnant with #3, but now have to lose it again. I am definitely looking for friends in this challenge!