FINALLY.... 50lbs LOST! (With Pictures)

Options

Replies

• becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The most amazing transformation i have ever seen,not many people maintain the muscle when losing weight and you managed that and your new body is just so fit and lean!!great great work!!how was your food during the process?

Thank you. In a word.. CROSSFIT. I was building muscle as I was losing the weight. OH and I didn't mention I went to a more PALEO style of eating. I didn't "drink the kool-aid" completely I just used it as a guideline. Don't eat a ton of fast food anymore, or prepacked/proccessed food from the grocery. I tend to buy veggies, fruit, meats etc.. and cook everything myself. I do break with that with having greek yogurt almost every day, some feta cheese and my dessert treat.... I keep semi sweet chocolate chips in my freezer. When I need a little something chocolate and sweet I grab a small handful or 3... :) But I also don't completely say no to other stuff. I have a life, I eat out sometimes, and I eat with my family in South East Louisiana... Which means sauces, fried seafood and more. WE LOVE FOOD and I LOVE TO COOK. I learned that I can be hardcore 70 to 80% of the time and enjoy the other 20/30% and still get to where I want to go.

My final weight goal is to get to 125 and stay there. Keep toning and just love my body for the first time in my life. I want to Keep up my crossfit, my running, Ballet (which is more fun now than before)... and perhaps take up tennis. I don't fear looking stupid trying new physical things like before. Once you are laid out on the gym floor after 100 burpees and you are about to pass out... Everything else is something I can handle! Ha!
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, you look AMAZING! What huge accomplishments you have made over these past few years. You should be so proud of yourself. I'M proud of you! You are the true example of what SUCCESS is. WTG!!!
  • onecatleadstoanother
    onecatleadstoanother Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment - you look so much happier! You're gorgeous (before and after) !!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You look amazing....job well done:)
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I may have missed it but how tall are you?
  • InnerFitChick
    InnerFitChick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW, this is wonderful and my first goal too! Thank you for sharing.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You looked great before...and you look amazing now! Congrats! :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Great Job - I always love to see the transformations! Especially when it is so clear you are REALLY fit! :drinker:
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You Look Fantastic. Your face just Glows.

Congratulations on this great accomplishment.

JoAnna
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Those pics are definitely hard to believe.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I actually thought you were gorgeous before!! But I know you're happier and healthier now, and gorgeous to boot! :flowerforyou:
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you look absolutely amazing! I really needed to see this today and I loved your incredible story, I would like to add you to my friend list, thanks from Deborah!:flowerforyou:
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before, but even more stunning now!
  • Eddie266
    Eddie266 Posts: 26
    Options
    A few words come to mind, GODDESS, HOTTIE, BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, EXQUISITE, STUNNING, the list could go on. You ROCK!!!!!! :)))
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Guys... YOU ALL MADE MY DAY. Since I got off the scale I have been smiling like a big old dork (never thought I would ever type that sentence.. ha).

I tried everything guys... the video, the pills, the shakes, more dvds, other online groups. It never really worked for me. Something clicked at the beginning of 2013 and I just kept going. So for the people that asked here is just a quick list of my stats and what I do.

I'm now 128.8 and I am 5'4 .. oh and 35 years old.

1. Crossfit - i got 4 times a week and have been since the week I started... just modified everything I couldnt do. I still modify.. I am NEVER gonna do some of the things they do there and I am totally ok with that.

2. Running - 3 to 4 times a week - Started with the C25k plan (Couch to a 5k) program. It is amazing.

3. Started May 2013 eating a more PALEO lifestyle. Not crazy strict (only grass fed meat etc... I am NOT made of money). I just went through the list of what foods were allowed and not allowed and modified as necessary.

4. Gave up soft drinks twice.... I haven't had diet coke in over 70 days. I STILL MISS THEM!

5. Drink over a gallon a water a day... most days.

6. Just started taking vitamins. (probably should have started a long time ago). Bought the gummy kind because now taking my vitamins is like eating a treat. Killing 2 birds with one stone!

7. TAKE PICTURES AND MEASURE. Even when the scale wasn't moving I could still see progress in those pictures and measurements. They got me through some nasty plateaus.

LASTLY... I LOVE MFP. I lost the last 13 lbs in the last 150 days since I started MFP. It was the boost I needed to reach that milestone. Finally goal is 125. Then just maintain and continue to tone up and lean out.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • gtg763d
    gtg763d Posts: 1
    Options
    great job!
  • clairemarte
    Options
    Congratulation that's fantastic :smile:
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Way to go lady!!!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring us all!

~Glynis
  • wendy16256
    wendy16256 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!