Running/Cross Trainer Shoes?!

Options
I am looking to buy a new pair of shoes for the gym. I run about 20km a week, and weight train 5x a week. I currently am using the Mizuno Wave Riders- they are good but It's time to get a new pair so I thought I would switch it up.

I have a high arch, wider feet, and I UNDER pronate.

Any suggestions??! I like cute shoes :)

Also-- I realize that I can go to a running store and get fitted professionally, and I have done that. I'm just asking for people's input on here also- thanks!

Replies

• shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet and like my Sauchony Cohesion. They have wide sizes that are actually wide and are not too expensive.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i suggest you get an inexpensive pair of runners and an inexpensive pair of cross trainers.

check out 6pm.com. its all last years stuff but its very well priced and everything ships free.

No matter how much money you spend, i dont think there is a shoe out there that really does both well.

expensive shoes only have minor benefits that may or may not justify increased expense.

IMO your more likely to replace the cheaper shoes then expensive ones, and brand new mediocore shoes are better then very expensive worn out shoes.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    i suggest you get an inexpensive pair of runners and an inexpensive pair of cross trainers.

check out 6pm.com. its all last years stuff but its very well priced and everything ships free.

No matter how much money you spend, i dont think there is a shoe out there that really does both well.

expensive shoes only have minor benefits that may or may not justify increased expense.

IMO your more likely to replace the cheaper shoes then expensive ones, and brand new mediocore shoes are better then very expensive worn out shoes.

Thanks for this tip! I just went online (6pm.com) and ordered a new pair of running shoes myself! :happy:
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    For cross training, I really like Nike Free TR Fit and Ryka Transition. The Rykas have a pivot point and are more suited to dance-type workouts.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    The Clymb has outlet store prices and tons of shoes with wide toe boxes (very important imo).

http://vnlink.co/SaC0T59
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

Thanks for this tip! I just went online (6pm.com) and ordered a new pair of running shoes myself! :happy:

you're welcome. i love that place. i finally tried a pair of the reeboks with the really thin and flexible sole.

glad i did, i love them. got them for less then 50
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    buying online is great as long as you already know what make, model, and size you're looking for. If you change any of those factors, online buying comes with the inherent risk of getting a shoe that no longer meets your needs.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    thats true. but if you can find the same shoe in the store and try it on first then obviously your good to go.

i'm a different size in rebok then nike then. once you know your size within a brand you should be good as well.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    For weight lifting I love the Nike Free Fit 2's but they are no good for running. No cross trainer will cover weight lifting (heavy compound lifts) and running. Well, they can, but it would be not be even close to the same thing as having specific shoes made for each as they are so different.
  • myveganp
    myveganp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am loving the fit of my current Asics shoes that are for running, so I would like to purchase another pair of Asics for usings for my home workouts (lifting free weights and kickboxing). Do you have any suggestions for Asics that would be good for this type of activity?