Options
    U look AWESOME!
  • LeanGrim
    LeanGrim Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!!! you look awesome!!! :wink:
  • awesome_ani
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!!! Congratulations!!!!! That is a truly amazing accomplishment. Good for you!

Ani

:flowerforyou:
  • katnewk
    katnewk Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job...
    I would recalculate the calories again and see what you wt activity and age dictate. And!!! Remember this was not a diet!!!! It is dietary and lifestyle changes! !!
    This where people. Including me hall back into old habits...
    Write yourself an email describing how proud ur and how good u feel take a picture. Read it monthly or weekly to make sure you stay
  • paula82much
    paula82much Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are a motivator and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing!
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Congrats on sticking with it!!!! Wishing you All the best!!

Peachy xxx
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well done :flowerforyou:

I think adding 100 a day week by week is best - remember you will be aiming to stay in a weight range and not a set weight to allow for fluctuations.
    MFP may say 1730 is maintenance but if you want a more accurate idea then look back over your own data for the last 6 weeks or so and work out your rate of weight loss. If you have been losing 1lb/week then your eventual maintenance cals should be around 500/day more than you have been eating.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Good job. :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Am I best, just upping my daily calories by 100 a day for a week or two and see if I stay the same, or up my daily calories by more or less?

My fitness pal says I should be eating 1730 calories, but I don't know if I should just up it to this, or up it slowly?

You lost a lot of weight figuring things out...I think your plan of 100 calories increase for a week or two is a good plan. Watch your activity levels tho. Backing off on activities is the same as eating more calories...sort of.

You will LOOOVE maintenance. Congrats!

Yes, this is what I'm doing, easing my way up. I don't want that 5 pound bounce-back from glycogen so I'm easing my way up to maintenance. Congrats to you OP on achieving your goal!

Considering you can only store about 2000 calories worth in total through whole body, with attached water weighs 4 lbs, and you were not living with NONE stored, you'd gain perhaps 1-2 lbs for that reason.

Besides, what's wrong with having increased metabolism from more LBM, and having more of what your body wants?
    That's as bad as the wrestlers shedding water weight to make a weight class.
    While you could indeed try to stay massively dehydrated, is that what your body wants for being healthy?
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to Maintenance. I am 5'2" and 56 yrs old, lost 26 lbs in 8 months, and now at 116 lbs. Have been maintaining for 2 weeks. I have been "zig-zaging" my calories to find the right level. But since I lost weight slowly, I think it'll be a work in progress to get to the right calorie maintenance level as well. Trial and error I guess :)
  • danicaone_101
    danicaone_101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! Great job!!! :smile:
  • flow2512
    flow2512 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done :flowerforyou:

I think adding 100 a day week by week is best - remember you will be aiming to stay in a weight range and not a set weight to allow for fluctuations.
    MFP may say 1730 is maintenance but if you want a more accurate idea then look back over your own data for the last 6 weeks or so and work out your rate of weight loss. If you have been losing 1lb/week then your eventual maintenance cals should be around 500/day more than you have been eating.

Thank you all, for the lovely comments and yes I am proud of myself and wish I had set to years ago, but I think you have to be in right frame of mind to change.

I will carry on walking my 5 mile a day on treadmill, as that improves my arthritis in hips, so I will up my calories by 100 a day for a week or two and see what happens, then up again.

Thanks again for all your lovely comments

If anyone knows how to turn my picture round, that would help, thanks
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've not eaten the equivalent of about 2,000 apples, or about 430 Big Macs, or about 160 large pizzas.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    [

You lost a lot of weight figuring things out...I think your plan of 100 calories increase for a week or two is a good plan. Watch your activity levels tho. Backing off on activities is the same as eating more calories...sort of.

You will LOOOVE maintenance. Congrats!
    [/quote]

Second this quote> I just hit maintenance and increasing at 100 cals per week but also increasing my activity. It's still cals in V cals out , however you do the sums. Well done!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    congratulations - you did great!!!
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Great work! I hope to reach my UG soon :)