NSV Today I said "No".

I have a major sweet tooth. I love anything that is chocolate, cookie, or cakes. This past semester my sweet tooth got the best of me. I was student teaching in a pre-k classroom which consisted of two half day classes with 20 students each totaling 40 students. It was common for them to bring cupcakes for the whole class and the teachers on their birthdays. With 40 students it seemed like we had about 2 birthdays a week and they always brought cupcakes. Lets just say I never turned down a cupcake..... I was also at a school that often had teacher luncheons with tons of desserts. I always had at least two because lets face it, it tastes good.

Now its summer and I got on the scale and I discovered I had gained nearly 30 lbs. YIKES!!! I choose to make a change. I am now 6 days in to logging my meals and counting calories and I have done good everyday.

Here is where my victory is.

Today we went to subway for lunch. I got a healthier version of the turkey sandwich I normally get with no cheese and mustard instead of ranch dressing. My SO got his meal and two cookies.....

At the end of the meal, he offered me one of the cookies...... and I said "No".

This might not seem like a big deal to some, but for me it is. Saying "yes" every time a sweet treat is offered is what got me to where I am today. This is just one more step for me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    That is totally a big deal! I'm at a stage where I do need to refrain from certain foods, as I seem to go right off the deep end if I eat them. I'll eventually be in a place where I can do moderation, but right now, I work on saying no. Because I'm trying to take care of myself. As you are too!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    Good for you. Passing yummy subway cookies are hard.
  • jorkkni
    jorkkni Posts: 1
    Passing up sweet is hard. I have that problem also. My office is loaded with food, especially sweets. Way to be inspirational!
  • bcbates07
    bcbates07 Posts: 1 Member
    totally a win! Stay strong!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    I had one of those moments last week and this week! Good for you! It's definitely progress! :)
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    This is awesome!
  • nevertoooldtodoit
    nevertoooldtodoit Posts: 45 Member
    Victory over the sweet tooth is big every time it happens. Proud of your good decision!