Salted Caramel Ice Cream

Options
GiveMeCoffee
GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
11glyt5.png

I've been having lots of fun making my own ice cream, the best part is experimenting so this was made yesterday, for those that asked for the recipe here you go.

First you have to make the caramel sauce or you could always buy some but it’s really easy to make

:heart: Caramel Sauce :heart:

200 g (1 cup) of Sugar
¼ cup water
¾ cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to a boil, without stirring. If necessary, use a wet pastry brush to wash down any sugar crystals on the side of the pan.

Boil until the syrup is a deep amber color, 5-6 minutes, watching closely. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in heavy cream (the mixture will bubble). Stir in butter and salt, and vanilla

Transfer the caramel to 2 (8 oz.) jars or 1 large jar, and let cool uncovered.

This will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Reheat before serving.

:heart: Now to make the Ice Cream :heart:

6 oz of the caramel sauce (My caramel from above filled 1- 8 oz jar and the other was 6.1 oz so I used that)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used the Fat free because it’s all I had left and couldn’t tell any difference)
1 cup half and half
1 cup either whole milk or light cream (I used light cream)
2 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese softened

For the mixture and deciding how much to add was done by taste an oz at a time until it had a nice caramel flavor (That was at 4 oz - weighed ounces not fluid ounces.)

Mix 4 ounces of the caramel sauce with all the other ingredients, once thoroughly mixed add to Ice cream maker per instructions. About 30 – 40 minutes for mine to churn. After churning, add in remaining 2 oz of caramel sauce use a spatula or knife to fold it in to the ice cream. Freeze for about 4-5 hours and then enjoy!!

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Adding to my ice cream file. So much deliciousness!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm drooling just thinking about this recipe.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    This is making me wish I had an ice cream maker.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I know what I need from the store, today! Thanks for making my shopping list for me:)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    *drooling* I think I'm in love!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Without an ice cream maker you can try this:
    Switch out the half n half and milk for all heavy whipping cream
    one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

You have to whip the cream until stiff peaks form

Add half the can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and fold gently to combine. After it's combined, add the remaining sweet milk. The goal is to keep all that fluffy cream you just made as fluffy as possible. Take your time and be gentle. If your mixture has deflated or is on the soupy side, turn the mixer back on, and whip for another few minutes

Transfer ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe 2-quart container with a lid or freezer-safe bowl that can be covered with plasticwrap. When you're transferring the ice cream from mixing bowl to storage container, every few cupfuls, stop and drizzle some caramel sauce in, creating layers of caramel in the container.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    give
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TexasGal1
    TexasGal1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yummy, heavenly goodness! :love:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

Without an ice cream maker you can try this:
    Switch out the half n half and milk for all heavy whipping cream
    one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

You have to whip the cream until stiff peaks form

Add half the can of sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and fold gently to combine. After it's combined, add the remaining sweet milk. The goal is to keep all that fluffy cream you just made as fluffy as possible. Take your time and be gentle. If your mixture has deflated or is on the soupy side, turn the mixer back on, and whip for another few minutes

Transfer ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe 2-quart container with a lid or freezer-safe bowl that can be covered with plasticwrap. When you're transferring the ice cream from mixing bowl to storage container, every few cupfuls, stop and drizzle some caramel sauce in, creating layers of caramel in the container.

tumblr_liw5dfnOz51qazkdco1_500.gif
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i freakin love caramel <3<3<3
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    OMG! Sluuuuuurp!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This looks so good!

I'm going to make this for my husband...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    oh my!