I work in construction how to list as exercise?

Options
Hi I'm new to this site and app and to the dieting and exercise thing I work in construction for 7-9 hours a day which consists of standing, leaning, and lifting any ideas on what to mark down for exercise on my profile.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't track it as exercise. Instead, I'd make sure that your activity level is set to lightly or moderately active (whichever you think is appropriate) to account for your work activities. If you log 7 hours of construction work here then the site is likely to give you way too many calories to eat back.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My first thought was to get a heart rate monitor. But Dianne is correct in what she says.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely account for it as activity level and not exercise, adjust your calories as needed after a few weeks of accurately logging. Then, adjust in whichever direction you need by 100 ish or so.
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great advice. It's just your type of work - not considered "exercise".
  • Robinskii
    Robinskii Posts: 5
    Options
    Alrighty thanks guys I changed my activity level to the 2nd highest
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't track it as exercise. Instead, I'd make sure that your activity level is set to lightly or moderately active (whichever you think is appropriate) to account for your work activities. If you log 7 hours of construction work here then the site is likely to give you way too many calories to eat back.

This.

As an aside, I find myself agreeing with almost everything you say, Dianne.