I Hit My GOAL!!! From 265 to 172.5, (before and after Pics)

Options
Farrahrm
Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
I started my journey to health because I was in a lot of back pain since I have three herniated discs. I wanted to lose weight but maintain my lean body mass. I started at 265, able to bench a max of 200 lbs, so my strength was important to me. I lost most of my weight from the end of November 2012 (265 lbs) to July (182 lbs) by switching to eating more vegetables, less processed food, and more healthy fats; as well as exercising on the elliptical 3 times a week and lifting heavy once a week. I began dating someone in June/July of last year so I struggled just to maintain my weight loss, let alone actually lose those last few pounds to my goal of 175.

This past month I renewed my efforts to continue those last 10 pounds or so to get to my goal and I reached it!!! I went from a size 24 pants and XXL (mens) shirts, to a size 12/14 pants and size L women's shirts.

The only thing that has been hard about my new body is my extra bottom padding must have hid the fact that I had an extra long tailbone because it is a real PIA now ;) I have to have a cushion in my car so I can drive without feeling like I'm riding right on it. I also have a hard time shaving my underarms, probably because with the extra muscle, the indentation is extra deep...so it can be a challenge.

I love being able to go into a store now and buy clothes that fit...and after being overweight/obese my whole life, that is something that I've never experienced. I also don't have a perfect model body. I have had 2 children, and with my second was 265 and 60" around....I don't think anyone's skin can snap back from that. But, I'm happy with my success. My kids and my girlfriend are proud of me.

My life has changed because of this, and I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life.

a89a3f7a-615f-4fb6-804b-030103e647aa.jpg

This photo is when I was at 223 compared to now.

223to1725.jpg

And the last before and after.

Goalbeforeandafterweight.jpg

Replies

• CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspiring
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job.
  • Jacqueline12174
    Options
    Absolutely awesome!!!!! You look fabulous!!:happy:
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    You look wonderful! Awesome job. :flowerforyou:
  • daniellee725
    daniellee725 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You started around my current weight, may I ask how tall you are?
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You rock! Fantastic.
  • LStonePTL
    LStonePTL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look great.
  • Munn0025
    Munn0025 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW!!! Congratulations!!!!! YOU look great!!!!!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Farrahrm
    Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Daniellee...I'm 5'8".
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You have made amazing changes! Looking fantastic!!
  • lisalala
    lisalala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!! you look fabulous
  • minnesoootan
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's almost exactly my SW and goal, so it's incredibly motivating to see what an amazing job you've done!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! And you look awesome for a woman who has had no children, let alone 2. Beautiful.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome.... YOU LOOK AMAZING!
  • aprilmenzies1
    aprilmenzies1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow you look totally amazing and the feeling of energy hits you from the after pic. Well done x
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Brilliant xx
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    92lbs?? That's awesome! You should be proud of all your hard work... :flowerforyou:
  • mareunuv
    mareunuv Posts: 23
    Options
    well done! Great work! Keep it up all your good habits, and I hope you have an easy maintenance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!