What are your favorite protein bars?

Options
I'm doing fairly well on getting protein. I usually get close to my protein goal, but I sometimes feel like I need just a little extra something to get me those last few grams to get to my goal. And actually, I think I need to re-adjust my macros as I think my protein goal is set too low.

I currently eat greek yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese, beans, and chicken (and probably other things that I'm not thinking of right now)

I've seen a lot of talk on here about protein shakes, but I really don't like drinking my calories. Not a big shake fan at all. My friends make fun of me because the only thing that I really like drinking is water...and an occasional diet soda (Don't care for juices, milk, coffee, or tea...I don't even like alcohol :/)

So, are there any protein bars that are better than others? I know I've seen some that are advertised as "protein bars" but only have like 4 grams of protein. Others have too much sugar and/or fat.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Premier protein bars are 30g protein, 290 calories. I find a half of one is all I need. I get them at costco. They dont taste like *kitten*
    Not sure if I am allowed to send a link but here it is.

http://www.premierprotein.com/
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    QUEST!!
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Premier protein bars are 30g protein, 290 calories. I find a half of one is all I need. I get them at costco. They dont taste like *kitten*
    Not sure if I am allowed to send a link but here it is.

http://www.premierprotein.com/

Seconded! They're cheaper than Quest bars, especially if you go with the Costco 24 pack, and they're not super heavy on the sugars/fats at all.
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am trying all different kinds, but have learned that I want them with lower sugar.

So far, I have found that I enjoy the Quest bars - pricy but GNC has a B3g1 Free deal going on. They're very tasty and have a great variety of flavors to choose from. Think Thin are pretty good, 20 g protein and some have no sugar. but keep an eye out for the sugar alcohol.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Quest. My Kid won't eat anything else.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The pure protein soft baked ones. But not as 'healthy' as Quest bars.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I prefer PROBAR CORE. They are so delicous and 20g protein for 280 cals. I just had the mint chocolate one today, but chocolate peanut butter and cookie dough are also yummy. PROBAR also makes whole meal bars, fruit bars, and dessert bars (think s'mores). They focus on high-quality ingredients and most are organic / raw.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Questies!! Cookies n Cream and Cinnamon Roll are my two faves :) bit.ly/quest_megmo
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know everyone raves about Quest, but I just can't bear to pay nearly $2.00 per bar. I get mine by the box from amazon and usually pay less than $1.00 for the ones I get. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Think Think - 20g of protein, 230-240 calories. My favorites are the peanut butter ones. Brownie Crunch is good.
    2. Balance Yogurt Honey Peanut - 15 g of protein for 200 calories. Very peanutty
    3. Balance Bare Bar - Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter - 15g of protein, 200 cals
    4. Balance Bar - Dark Chocolate Coconut - 180 cals and only 13g of protein, but it has COCONUT, yummy!!!
    5. Luna has a new protein series with about 170 cals and 12g of protein. There's a lemon one that's great, but hard to find.