Fitness Videos

collettemrk
collettemrk Posts: 271
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
O.K now I've been at this for a while and haven't got into workout videos but I'm looking for reccomendations.I'd like one that gives you a great calorie burn while toning your body.I'm about halfway through my weight loss journey but definitely need to add some strength & toning.Please let me know the benefits of the workouts you recommend.These are for the days I can't get on my bike Thanks!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Anything by Beach body! Power 90, P90X, Insanity, hip hob abs, turboJam, ChaLEAN Extreme to name a few.
  • I really like the Wave, it really gets you going and uses a combination of movement and weights.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I dont have a lot of money so I do Workouts on YouTube. There are tons so I dont get bored,but I love Billy Blanks Tae Bo!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Anything Jillian Michaels. I love the 30 Day Shred for days that I'm short on time. it's 3 seperate workouts and are only about 25 minutes each. When I have more time and feel up to it I'll combine 2 of the workouts. you also only need a few handweights, no other equipment. I've heard awesome things about P90X, but I haven't tried them.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I definitely recommend P90X. It'll get you toned and stronger than you ever thought and it can work well with your bike riding (you could switch it into the cardio days). I've lost 30 pounds and 12% body fat with it, my husband lost 15 lbs and went from 19% body fat to 9% body fat.
  • I like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as well. It's only 20 minutes, but it's pretty intense and a great workout. At lunch, my friend and I have been doing videos from sparkpeople.com They have a lot of 10-15 minute videos that you can squeeze in throughout the day
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    If it is strength you want then it's P90X.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    I like Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, there's a warm up and cooldown and the workout is longer than her shred videos, 45 minutes, so it's 55 minutes total.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    If it is strength you want then it's P90X.

I agree with her!!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    I have to put a plug in for a series that doesn't get talked about often on this site-Kelly Coffey Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness series. Each DVD has two 30 minute workouts on it, plus premixes to shake things up a bit. She has a bunch-ranging from Kickboxing to Muscle Definition, Cardio step, plyo, olympic lifting. They sell them on amazon. I HIGHLY recommend them!
  • nonchalantaka
    nonchalantaka Posts: 25 Member
    I like the Biggest Loser last chance workout DVD and Slim in 6. I have insanity and it is just that...tried it but I am not ready but seems to be a good DVD series.
This discussion has been closed.