Opinions please

Options
2»

Replies

• GKat04
    GKat04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Even if you can't cook, you can get some veggies in there. Try the frozen "steamer" types, just pop in the micro for a few minutes and voila! They can be kinda heavy on the sodium, if you're concerned about that. And fruits don't require any prep work. I love a banana with just a little peanut butter spread on it. Fruit, healthy carbs, and protein, A+.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude, but why are you asking for opinions if you're going to disregard everything everyone is saying/suggesting?
    It sounds like he/she wanted advice on understanding the MFP deficit recommendation, not the food items?

If MFP tells you'll lose 1 lb/week (or whatever you set it for) at 1700, then you should lose at 1700. If you burn another 600 on work nights, I assume MFP expects you to eat that, too, so 2300. So if you're eating 1600, you're eating even a higher deficit than the software spits out. So you could potentially lose more than 1 lb/week (or whichever goal you input) if you're consistently below your intake goal.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the instant oatmeal, cook old fashioned instead. It takes 3-5 minutes. Sweeten with real maple syrup if that is the flavor you want and add a measured pat of butter. Maybe add some walnuts for protein......

What kind of pizza, yeah it matters.... all right once awhile but you might want to mix it up with fresher choices; salad with meats and cheeses.

Make your own burritos and eat some vegetables with it.

I agree that if you are eating less calories than you are burning you will lose weight however for long term health a balanced diet is better for you. I also agree with Maren8675 to change your activity level.

Can't cook bro. I rely solely on a microwave or oven to cook pre-prepared meals. So it's my only option.

And no, don't tell me to "Learn how to cook then" because i'm not going to "Learn how to cook."

:P

Awesome attitude. Enjoy your garbage microwave food. :drinker:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    As long as you're in a deficit, you're in a deficit no matter what you eat.

I'd suggest more protein, beef jerky? Eggs? You can buy them already hard boiled, just eat a couple. You can buy veggies and fruit pre-cut. Maybe add in just a serving a day, and after a couple weeks, add another serving in.

You have to know yourself, if you're going to eat processed stuff because you don't cook, cool. That's fine. Just maybe find some pre-made stuff that has a little more nutrient value. They have full meals in the freezer section that all you have to do is heat up.

Also, yeah your food is high in sodium, but if you don't have underlying health issues I wouldn't worry too much over it. Just drink a lot of water and try to cut some sodium wherever you can.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the instant oatmeal, cook old fashioned instead. It takes 3-5 minutes. Sweeten with real maple syrup if that is the flavor you want and add a measured pat of butter. Maybe add some walnuts for protein......

What kind of pizza, yeah it matters.... all right once awhile but you might want to mix it up with fresher choices; salad with meats and cheeses.

Make your own burritos and eat some vegetables with it.

I agree that if you are eating less calories than you are burning you will lose weight however for long term health a balanced diet is better for you. I also agree with Maren8675 to change your activity level.

Can't cook bro. I rely solely on a microwave or oven to cook pre-prepared meals. So it's my only option.

And no, don't tell me to "Learn how to cook then" because i'm not going to "Learn how to cook."

:P

Awesome attitude. Enjoy your garbage microwave food. :drinker:

Never going to learn how to cook......

Sounds like quite a catch.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'd take 'not interested in learning to cook' over 'judgmental and superior' any day. :happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Defies logic but now I'm totally craving a microwaved frozen burrito

00041.jpg

social.jpg

Let's see if we can't figure out for that other poster why OP is not taking any advice given?

-Account started this month.

-10 posts, some sounding like a seasoned IIFYMer.

-No friends on this account.

-First post was this thread begun at 1am-ish.

So....yeah. That happened.

ragestache.com_65355_1342828806.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    steal-my-burrito-go-kungfu.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I know OP's not eating the healthiest diet but at least it's not like...

web-Foxie-YH-troll-in-mouth-IMG_2707.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Also...make sure you get your exercise and try adding in a lil' milk after all...you are what you eat.

milk-protein-fight-club-milk-vs-breakfast-burrito-commercial.jpg
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal never satisfies me.. I know they say it's supposed to .. but for me, it doesn't. I'd rather go for an egg or two. Agree with everyone else about more protein. Pizza and frozen burritos? Sounds really high in sodium. While they aren't bad in moderation, sounds like you plan on having it everyday. If lack of time is a problem, there are plenty of quick fixes that are way healthier.

Edit: I can't even make toast, but I can throw an egg in a skillet. And the microwave can also be used to steam veggies/brown rice/etc. Perdue makes lots of dumb dumb options like "perfect portions" that are chicken fillets in marinade. Literally..just take it out of the bag and put it in the oven. If thats too much, they make "short cuts".. chicken already cooked and sliced for you.

From the sound of it, instead of a question, this was more of a statement like "Here's what i'm gonna do, tell me it will work".

I'm with you! Oatmeal never satisfies me either, lol. You gave some great options! :)