Is it still baby weight if they are a year old?

Options
Probably not :)
Hi there !
I signed up yesterday and am looking for support to lose the rest of the baby weight plus some.
I gained nearly 100 pounds due to two rounds of IVF, a complicated pregnancy that had me on complete bed rest for 25 weeks, and my love of cheeseburgers and poptarts.
I have lost 50 pounds since April of last year but I have been gaining and losing the same 8 pounds for a couple of months so I thought I would try something new.

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it! :flowerforyou:
  • prettygirl326
    Options
    I am not sure. I think so. I think it takes up to two years for your body to regulate completely after child birth. But don't quote me on that, I could be wrong.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Hi there !
    I signed up yesterday and am looking for support to lose the rest of the baby weight plus some.
    I gained nearly 100 pounds due to two rounds of IVF, a complicated pregnancy that had me on complete bed rest for 25 weeks, and my love of cheeseburgers and poptarts.
    I have lost 50 pounds since April of last year but I have been gaining and losing the same 8 pounds for a couple of months so I thought I would try something new.
    Yes, still baby weight. My son is 4, and I just finally lost all of my baby weight... Only to get knocked up again. lol

Who doesn't love cheeseburgers and poptarts? Mmmmm

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    Is it baby weight if the "baby" is 14? LOL! I never lost that last 15 pounds with my first baby, though I did lose everything with my other four. So I'm going to say, for me, 15 pounds of what I have to lose are baby weight and the rest is just weight I gained in between kids.

Good luck to you. I had stalled in my weight loss until joining MFP about a month ago and now I've lost another 14 pounds. I love it!
  • Mindless_Games
    Mindless_Games Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    With my other 3 I gained less than 40 pounds with each of them and lost the weight right away.
    I was also in my 20's and much more active :)

Poptarts are a real problem for me, processed baked treats are my kryptonite. I can undo a month of eating healthfully and mindfully in an afternoon if I get started on junky store bought sweets.

Thank you all for your responses. This is such a supportive community!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you :) I think we can all relate with the processed food and sweets lol :) Good luck on your journey this is a wonderful place to track food, get advice and find motivational people :)
  • betterbestbestest
    betterbestbestest Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi there !

I sure hope so because my youngest is 19 months now, and I still need to lose 50 lbs. didn't gain much with my 2nd and third kid but that's because I was already overweight. ideally I gained a lot more after I had them, presumably from the anxiety and depression.

good luck! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    baby weight should go away within a few weeks, any other weight would be extra
  • Mindless_Games
    Options
    Knowing what I shoved in to my face... it is definitely extra :)
  • scflg76
    scflg76 Posts: 4
    Options
    Is it still baby weight if you weren't actually the one who gave birth to them? I was in the delivery room, does that count? :wink:
  • Mindless_Games
    Options
    Close enough:glasses:
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My two offspring are 18 and 23, im still blaming baby weight! x
  • crispninja
    Options
    mines nearly six and im still blaming baby weight xx
  • Revillee
    Revillee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My youngest has just turned one and I'm calling my extra kilos baby weight :smile:
  • JenniferOBX4
    Options
    Mine turned two last month. I can't blame baby weight or breastfeeding weight anymore. Or the weight I gained during my struggle with infertility.

I pretty much say I have body by little debbie. Those and pop tarts have been my kryptonite. Heck any sweet baked goods, I can't resist. So trying not to have them around!
  • Flubbermum
    Options
    I'm still claiming it's baby weight and my youngest is 10 (years, not months)! Actually, to get to a healthy weight, I need to lose exactly what he weighs and he is big (tall with a big build, not fat) for his age.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My two offspring are 18 and 23, im still blaming baby weight! x

+1 (My baby is 20 and I still blame her for my belly fat!) :wink:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I lost all my pregnancy fat in the first 6 weeks, then gained it all back + some more in the following three months. OF COURSE it's baby weight. What did we have them for if we can't blame them for the veins and stretch marks and sag and rolls.

ETA - I'm down to my pre-baby weight, but I'm still blaming the extra 5 on them.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well mine is 14 and she is the cause of this hmmm baby weight that I'm still trying to lose...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :wink:
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    My wife had our baby 7 years ago and I put on 3 stones then. Still trying to lose it now :-/

Seriously I don't think it matters if its baby weight, if its fat its fat and using MFP will help make it disappear :-) good luck