Hey Paleo peeps...need some snack suggestions

Options
Trying to get ideas about easy, grab and go food snacks while on the Paleo diet/lifestyle besides hard boiled eggs, almonds/walnuts, and bananas. Tried cutting up tomatoes slices, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots...but any other suggestions would be MORE than welcome. Thanks

Replies

• alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Smoothies... mix of 60% Veggies (I prefer kale or spinach as a base then usually add avocado to make it creamier, and whatever else I have on hand) and 40% Fruit (more for taste). Blend with ice and water or juice.

I alternate my fruits and vegetables each week so I don't get sick of them. Sometimes I cook them and other times I just eat them raw. Maybe some nuts with honey and cinnamon (I love honey and cinnamon and put it on my plain greek yogurt with almonds as well).
  • tk101259
    tk101259 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have small bags of cooked chicken meat (100grams ) in snack bags, in the fridge. I buy coconuts and portion it into 50gram packets to grab and snack on, I make egg muffins and keep them in the fridge, I eat 10 to 12 macadamia nuts, If you buy beef gelatine powder, you can make jelly, with flavoured teas or fresh fruit juice. Pate is a good one and you can eat it with celery sticks. If you have coconut oil at home melt one tablespoon then add 1/2 tsp of raw cocoa powder and a sachet of native, or a few drops of honey/maple syrup, pop in the fridge and you have a chocolate to eat in about 10 minutes. But Paleo is all about not snacking, we're supposed to be satiated eating all that good food. Yeah right! If anyone else has snack ideas I'd love to hear them too.
  • Davinajw
    Davinajw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    try this for snack ideas some better than others but interesting all the same, www.greatist.com there is a section for Paleo snacks if you can't find the link just ask and I will pm you with it.
  • HellyFaye
    HellyFaye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fruits are easy to grab and a lot of them are in season right now: cherries, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, nectarines, and plums. The best part about fruit is how filling it is.

Seeds are easy to grab snacks, but it is best if you portion them out before hand. Spaghetti squash seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds are my top picks. You can really control how much salt and oil are in them if you roast them yourself.