Logging videos

Options
How would I log doing a Jillian Michaels video? Are the videos already in the database or would I have to wear a monitor or something and then log the calories burned?

Replies

• FatRobinator
    Options
    If you have a heart rate monitor, use that and log all exercises that way. It's always the most accurate. Otherwise, you can choose something from the database that matches most closely, but it will only be an estimate.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How would I log doing a Jillian Michaels video? Are the videos already in the database or would I have to wear a monitor or something and then log the calories burned?

Chances are very good that it is circuit training......a combination of cardio plus some strength training. The vast majority of her DVDs are circuit training.

You can look DVDs up here: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/153.htm

HRM's are most useful for steady state cardio ......not circuit training anyway.

Calorie burns depend upon height, weight, age, gender, exertion level & more. MFP uses general categories not specific videos. Even then the calorie burn estimates....are estimates. Pretty high for many activities.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I log it as 100.

No source at all, just a low guess.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I dont have a monitor now but am looking into one.