p90x to insanity

LOVINLIFEGUY
LOVINLIFEGUY Posts: 47
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing p90x for a couple years now and the results have been great. However, during the last three months of the pheasant hunting season I stopped doing p90x and gained a few pounds, not a lot but a few. I have access to insanity and was thinking of doing this higher cardio workout before getting back into the x. My only concern is losing some strength in my back. To be honest the strength in m back has improved my golf game a ton, dropping my handicap by almost 7 strokes (A HUGE DROP FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GOLF}. Will I be ok doing insanity? Just curious for those of you that have done both or at least insanity.

Thanks

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    I have been doing p90x for a couple years now and the results have been great. However, during the last three months of the pheasant hunting season I stopped doing p90x and gained a few pounds, not a lot but a few. I have access to insanity and was thinking of doing this higher cardio workout before getting back into the x. My only concern is losing some strength in my back. To be honest the strength in m back has improved my golf game a ton, dropping my handicap by almost 7 strokes (A HUGE DROP FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GOLF}. Will I be ok doing insanity? Just curious for those of you that have done both or at least insanity.

Thanks

You may lose some strength, but it will be minimal. Worse case scenario add in Chest and Back every now and then to keep up the strength you gained.
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    I did a round of P90X and then a round of Insanity and went back to P90X. I didn't find that I lost any strength. In fact, I think the cardio conditioning helped me increase my ability to push harder during my next round of P90X. You do tons of pushups in Insanity, so you will keep working back and chest. If you are overly concerned, add in P90X Chest and Back or Back and Biceps every week.

Good luck!
  • Thanks, I think I will give it a shot
This discussion has been closed.