Nobody noticed

Options
So i already lost 15 lbs. i know it is not that much but I can see there s a huge difference and some people can really see it.

However, i went to a party yesterday , a going away party for a friend who also lost weight ( she lost around 25 lbs) .
She was taking the Body by Vi shake.
Yes, her weight lost really was very evident. ( but i know mine too)
And everybody commented and complimented her for doing a great job.

But nobody ever commented and noticed mine! I felt awful! I felt like, i am not being succesful and my effort was not enough!
I know i need to work harder and there is a long way to go!

Has this happened to anybody before? Please share.

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me...
    But honestly, where does validation come from? I can do a brass monkey...and a cross-legged release...and an arial shoulder mount invert...nobody knows that except me and the people in my class...But I feel a personal sense of accomplishment because I KNOW I can do it.

Not to say that it isn't frustrating if nobody notices your accomplishment-and you look great! But it's one party-there will be more to come...hard work pays off...and if you're happy and excited inside, it'll show outside.
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    People didn't start to notice my weight loss until I hit the 20 lb. mark and even then it was really just the people who knew I was trying to lose weight. I'm down 34 now and people who didn't know what I was doing are just now starting to notice.

They will notice, but it takes time for others to see it. Use it as motivation to keep going. They will be so blown away when they finally see the change!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Could it be that it was a party for HER and a going-away party at that, that caused the lack of response and inclusion of you.

It's nice that the focus was on her on her special day.....perhaps if you can put yourself in your friends positions they didn't want to 'dilute' their focus off of her.

Don't take it to heart....it doesn't lessen your achievements.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Is she very vocal about her experiences? If she talks about BodyByVi all the time people will be more comfortable (or feel more obliged - my cynic is showing) to comment on her losses. If you tend to not talk about your weight loss, people probably notice but don't feel comfortable saying anything. Plus it was her party and all that.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You need to be inspired internally. You are not doing this for them.....you are doing it for you, so pat yourself on the back and keep moving forward.
  • Auzziedoggie
    Auzziedoggie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It was her party. Don't worry about it. I've lost 10 lbs and nobody has noticed. I barely notice myself, to be honest.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Nobody noticed until I had lost 30 pounds. Do it for yourself to begin with, because other people aren't going to notice until you've lost a good amount.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Could it be that it was a party for HER and a going-away party at that, that caused the lack of response and inclusion of you.

It's nice that the focus was on her on her special day.....perhaps if you can put yourself in your friends positions they didn't want to 'dilute' their focus off of her.

Don't take it to heart....it doesn't lessen your achievements.

^ +1
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It was about 30 pounds before most people started noticing with me too, except for a few people who knew I was trying.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nobody noticed until I'd lost 10% of my body weight.

besides, it was her party - people were going to be paying more attention to her.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on losing the weight. It is not easy.
    I am not really losing weight, but I am working hard to build muscle. No one, at work, really notices anything, or if they do, they don't say anything. I know that I am working hard and I would love for someone to say something, but it just doesn't happen. I do know how you feel. My co-workers are all on diets and are all doing the high five when someone loses a pound and a 1/2.
    At the end of the day, I am doing this so that I will like the way I look and my husband will like the way I look. When my husband tells me that I look good in short shorts or if I look at myself and see what I have accomplished, that is really all that matters.
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the response guys.
    Yes, she is really very vocal about her weight loss journey. It s because she wants to recruit,people to sell the vi shake. So she posts a lot on fb.
    While, i, never post anything on fb or talk about it with anybody else, except with my husband and daughter.

Dont get me wrong, im not jealous of her.
    We dont do this to be noticed. I was only thinking, why my weight loss is not that evident to some people? While i see a lot of changes day by day!

But you re right, this should motivate me and should keep me going!
    Thanks again!
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just because nobody said anything doesn't mean they didn't notice. Sometimes people don't say anything because they are worried there isn't a good reason for the weight loss. Also, sometimes the ones you see every day don't notice as much as the ones that you haven't seen in a while. Plus it could be that everyone was focusing on her. I wouldn't let it get to you too much.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I think weight loss-- or weight gain, is more evident on a shorter person than a taller person. Also more evident on a thinner person than a heavier person.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Took 30 pounds before anyone noticed my loss. I didn't go around telling people I was trying to lose though. One lady didn't notice until I was 55 down.