Party Snacks

Options
Okay, so I'm having a "spa party" in a couple of weeks, but don't know what kind of foods to make/provide that will keep me on track, but also taste good for everyone else.

HELP!!!

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    hummus and pretzel crisps
    yogurt dip with fresh fruit
    shrimp with avacado on skewers
    grilled veggie platter
    just off the top of my head.....take em or leave em
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fruit/Veggie Tray
    Hummus or Salsa
    Roasted Pear Salad
    Chicken Salad with very little mayo, italian dressing, grapes, celery, water chesnuts
    Sugar Free Jello and Whipped Cream (very cute in margarita glasses)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    hummus and veggies
    asian lettuce wraps
    smoothies served in a champagne glass of course
    dried fruit,
    fruit dip with fresh fruit
    Usually spa parties tend to have healthy stuff anyway, so you are on the right track.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    oh yea, definitely shrimp cocktail!
  • GoofyOne
    Options
    Well I found this link and it has a bunch of yummy healthy sounding stuff on it.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=60647
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I made a weight watchers recipe one time for a BLT dip! It had fat free mayo, turkey bacon, arugala, and tomatoes (i'm pretty sure that was it). Then it was served with tortilla wedges that were brushed with a little egg white wash, sprinkled with sea salt and poppy seeds, then toasted in the oven. It was really, really good!
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Take a bunch of cherry tomatoes. Halve them. Cube up some mozzarella so its about the same size as a half tomato. Grab some basil leaves. Pop the cheese on a toothpick, stick one end of the basil leaf on either end of the toothpick so it kind of wraps around the cheese, and cap either end with a half a tomato. It tastes amazing and they're very light and healthy. Plus, they look pretty on a plate :)