in menopause - cannot seem to start my metabolism

Options
Hi All,

A friend told me about this site - about a year ago. I've got a lot going on - as does everyone. But I'm at a point where all my children are grown, two left at home but they're older teens and twenties. My mom is on hospice and not doing well and I'm on a leave from nursing school to help and spend time with her. All that said, I still want to be able to have something positive going on in my life. I've started juicing again - did it several years ago with MUCH success. I went totally vegetarian. I felt AMAZING...made sure I had protein supplements. At this stage, I'm looking for adding juicing - which I have - carrot, apple, celery, cucumber, beet, kale, spinach...whatever I have in the fridge. Two juices per day. Plus I'm eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I do eat meat as well, but I'm just trying to cut portions and add exercise. Any encouragement and words of wisdom would help! I hope I can motivate and encourage others as well. Thanks for listening. Not feeling super motivated, but my health is suffering (52 yo) and I NEED to get control over my body!!!

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're consuming enough calories, never eat under your calculated BMR amount.
  • intuen
    intuen Posts: 7
    Options
    You got this! Just keep your head up, and pushing through. For me, I find that it helps to take 10 to 15 minute walks when I can't make it out to the gym. Good luck!!

P.s. Also, Thanks for the info Dawn- I will look that up to make sure that I'm on the right path.
  • babsmckenna
    babsmckenna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    well, it only took a year for me to reply. my mom has gone on to be with the Lord, I'm at a new job. Starting a program as of yesterday. Feeling positive. I've lost 20 lbs. since last january. well, a lb a month is better than nothing! lol. Time to get a little more aggressive. Here we go!