Pre-workout anyone?

Options
I'm wanting to invest in a pre-workout. Only to keep me pushing through it. I think that I lose motivation pretty quick and I'd like to give it a try. I also work night shifts now from pm to am...and I don't know if anyone drinks it like it would be a morning cup of coffee? Any suggestions? Or ideas for the "best" one? Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have used several. The one I always get these days is Cellucor C4 (Icy Blue Razz is my fave flavor). I am by NO MEANS a doctor, but I would suggest using it only if you're about to do some heavy lifting, or truly intense exercise. Also, I would try to start out by taking one scoop, seeing how you do on it, and slowly work your way up. I have an extremely...seriously...high tolerance to things like that, and I can take two and a half scoops and feel like I can squat the entire gym. You can find it at different places, but I get mine from vitaminshoppe.com. I'm sure you'll get quite a few suggestions, but if just plain ole energy is what you're needing, and your caffeine tolerance is through the roof, then C4 may be a good option for you! Good luck! Let us know what you decide to do!! ????
  • MalloryMelts
    MalloryMelts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've also seen that n.o. xplode has a caffeine free version? I don't think I have an extremely high tolerance for stuff like that. I wish there was a sample I could try. I will have to check my local GNC. I've heard good stuff about the C4 though! I really just want that feeling like you said you could go through the whole gym. lol And I am planning on doing lots more weights...
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    C4 is like a fizzy drink I have tried a few others but I don't know if there are any more effective than having a strong espresso shot, at least for me.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Alchemi 5150, the green apple flavor. It looks absolutely horrid, but tastes ok. It gets me feeling kinda pumped up to workout without feeling like my heart is racing and about to explode.
  • tannatannabobanna
    tannatannabobanna Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I actually work a supplement review board, and have had the ability to try a large amount of pre- workouts on the market.
    But first off I suggest buying online, from a quality distrubutor, {BodyBuilding.com or TigerFitness.com} both will give much cheaper, and more resonable prices than the mark up giant GNC.
    Second C4 is a good emphasis on "good" pre-workout. It's pretty low on caffine at the 150mg mark or so, which is a good enough to get your blood pumping not not crazy enough to spoil a workout with a heart attack. Second it contains a good amount of Beta-Alanine which is a non-essential amino acid know for raising carnosine levels in the blood. Giving you less onset muscle sorness, and more probablity for protein synthesis which is the key for skeletol tissue muscle growth.
    So it's a great middle of the road PWO.

Here are some of my other top picks for women.
    Condese-Purus Labs
    Stimul8- FinaFlex
    Hemavol- IFORCE (stimulant free)
    Cardio Igniter- Top Secret Nutrition
    MVP Fuel- Twin Lab
    Any of these are great options, all less than $40
    Hope this helps and good luck!
  • MalloryMelts
    MalloryMelts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO much! I've heard so much good on this! I'm planning on only using it when I workout now. I don't want to overdue it!!! I'll check out some prices and see what I find. Thank y'all!!!
  • drolen
    drolen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the purpose or need for some expensive blend.. What usually do is drink a few cups of coffee and have a spoonful of peanut butter before a run if I plan to go over 45 minutes.