200 POUNDS TO LOSE

Options

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Hi Dorian,

I started at 306lbs, though I am sure I weighed more than that! Lost 60lbs so far, it took me a year. I am in this for the long haul. I don't see myself without MFP. To lose the weight and to maintain. We can do this! What works for me is to not think of it too much. Focus on the next 10lbs, not all the weight. Just log and get moving.

Good luck!
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Welcome to the start of a long journey. I have about 88lbs to lose having lost 44lbs already. If you want to add me I am happy to offer support if you need it :)
  • moniquec37
    moniquec37 Posts: 39
    Options
    hi, Dorian
    my name is monique, i have been going up and down with weight, my highest was 409 im currently at 375(again) but im looking and focusing on eating better and exercising more. we can do this long journey together. im here for you please feel free to add me.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I joined MFP at 255lbs in December 2013 and My Hubby and I started changing our lifestyle on January 3rd 2014. I have found wonderful support with a group called 'For the Morbidly Obese' that is very active and friendly.

We would be thrilled to welcome you!

The best of luck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you'd like another buddy :)

Kaela x
  • Lyndsay137
    Lyndsay137 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started this at 5'11 328.8lbs and I currently weigh 259lbs after a few months 'break/maintenance' but I still have another 50-60lbs to lose, possibly more depending on how my body looks at that time.
    Id love to have friends on here again (recently set up a new account for a fresh start) so anyone feel free to add me :)
    xx
  • CorydonCutie22
    Options
    You and I are very similar with our weight loss goals. Are you following a specific plan? I'd love to talk with you if you want to add me as a friend. Currently, I am trying a modified version of the Paleo diet. I'm not sold on the no dairy part. I do like some milk and cheese even though I don't use much of either. Yesterday was my first day and I think I did pretty good. Still learning, but I think that is ongoing. Good luck to you!
  • Lara124911
    Lara124911 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was over weight and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrased to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at secretosdelara@gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day
  • 23crizzle
    23crizzle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! After losing about 175 pounds a few years ago and regaining about 60 of them I am back. I have been back since February and have lost 39 pounds. That puts me at about 151 pounds lost since my heaviest. I still have about 70 that I want to lose. I have no doubt that this time I can do it. With this wonderful app, my very supportive fiance and an excellent dietitian at my side I have set myself up for success. Plus, I am rather enjoying this new active lifestyle and healthy eating habits. i feel amazing. I know you can do it too! Feel free to add me.
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I started back in July with abut 188 to lose. I've already lost 63 and my goal at the moment is to reach 175lbs. Though I expect that will change once I'm close.

Feel free to add me, I try to be as supportive as possible and I enjoy friends with similar goals!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Nice to meet you!! :) I started with having over 300 lbs to lose :) You can do this and anything you put your mind too :) MFP is great for accountability :) You are in the right place to get back on track. :)
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had the same starting weight and you can totally do this! The weight is coming off pretty slow for me now, but I'm just plugging away. I'm here for the long haul and log everyday--anyone can add me. :smile:
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started at 330, am currently at 290 and want to get to 180.

Welcome!
  • armaines420
    armaines420 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Anggie and I need more friends to help me with my motivation! I started at 276. I've lost 4 pounds this month! I'm Anggie31 years old and a mother of three. I currently have 3 friends and they rant as active in MFP as I am. I live in North Florida too! My goal weight(as of now) is 180.
  • selyon86
    selyon86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out, but in the same boat.
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party! Congratulations on take the first steps to get healthy. I'm looking to lose 140 pounds and I'm 100 days in this time. I've lost 50 pounds so far. Good luck!
  • christalweers
    Options
    I have a long way to go. Would love to be your friends.
  • macm40
    macm40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Dorian, best of luck reaching your goals. I am in it for the long run myself, I would like to loose 50lbs, which for me is a long run. It would put me at a weight I havnt seen in almost 23 years, but damnit I'm going to get there.

Anyone else looking to add friends, you can request me.
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Dorian! :) My name is Bonnie.

I am very new to MFP too and sooo confused by the whole thing... trying to eat right, exercise right, learn about fitness stuff (protein shakes, fitbit/HRM-type thingies, etc.), and so on. I'm not sure what my starting weight was because I couldn't do my initial weigh in until about 5 days after I officially started tracking my food and exercising. I thought I had 200 to lose but upon my initial weigh in last week I discovered I am 53 pounds less than I assumed. I still have 150 to go, but I digress.

Anyway... My goal weight is around 140 too, so we are aiming for the same number. You or anyone here (especially those with a similar story or goal) can feel free to add me. Best of luck with everything! :)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Actually more than 200 to lose. I started in 2005 at 497 pounds and by 2007 got down to 307. Life happened and since 2007 until June of this year went back up to 390. Couldn't believe it when I saw the scale. Thank God I managed to keep off 107. When I saw the 390 mark I knew I had to get back on board. Since June 1st I have lost 19 pounds. If your looking for a friend send a request to me.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Remember to break up your big goal into smaller, easier-to-comprehend goals. I've been focusing on 10% increments towards my goal.