Replies

• rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! You are truly an inspiration!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you have worked so hard for this NSV. So happy for you.
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Super! You are an inspiration, and a true role model. And I love your smile - it is heartwarming.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's definitely an accomplishment! I'm looking forward to this too...very soon!
  • LoosingItGirl
    Options
    Way to go that is AWESOME!
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!!!! Congrats!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Great work and yay for a goal of a healthy 140 pounds!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are doing a fantastic job.
  • lynnloveeliz
    Options
    What a great feeling. Success. Yea!!:smile:
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree. You are a winner! Go for it and congratulations!
    Go for it, Sue, with your determination it would be such a great day for you, and your good doctor, not to mention special Ed. And having got down there, think of the new wardrobe you can buy. You are so disciplined, you will be able to do it, but knowing that you can get down to a 'healthy' weight, will enable you to go on to maintenance with confidence. And what an example to others - you will be down to less than half the woman you were, but have grown enormously in stature through your huge achievement.
    :flowerforyou:
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! I remember getting to 'healthy' once a couple years ago...then I fell off the wagon and got back up to the high side of overweight...going back in the right direction now...not letting anything stop me now :)
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment, great job!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Okay, Friends.

I did it! I changed my ticker goal to 140 pounds. That is only 22 pounds away. Lord, help me. :happy:

Awesome, Sue! You have been, and continue to be, an inspiration to me. I've followed your journey as I've traveled my own, and it has been one that leaves me awed. I'm so happy that you've reached "overweight" and remember how wonderful that felt when I was no longer "morbidly obese" or "obese" but just "overweight." The day I reached "normal" was incredible! I am so looking forward to seeing your reaction when you reach that day too!! It will come, Sue. You've come so far, been through so much, and you continue to strive for your goals. Well done, my internet friend! Well done!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Superstar Sue! Go for it!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That probably doesn't sound much like a SUCCESS, but it is more like a miracle.

An MFP friend pointed out something important to me today. She said, "You're NOT obese. You're overweight." Huh?!!! It had something to do with that BMI stuff.

When my surgeon calculated my BMI in 2012, those letters meant nothing to me. I was used to being told that I was "morbidly obese", according to the medical charts on doctor's office wall.

MORBIDLY OBESE...Hmm? That term says the obvious...so fat that I was inviting death to take me at any moment. :noway:

This 5' 4" old lady was pushing 290 pounds. "Pushing" was the right word, because I was now confined to life in a wheelchair. My destroyed knees could not longer support my weight.

In 2012, my BMI was 48.9, a number that even went beyond the words morbidly obese. Most of the charts don't show the BMI for someone that is that heavy and that short. They all stopped at 250 pounds. The doctor had to use his calculator (not the printed sheet on the wall) to get my real BMI.

Today, I decided to calculate my current BMI using an online program. I was amazed to find out that I am now at a BMI of 27.8 and no longer can be called 'obese'...let alone 'morbidly obese'. My weight of 162 pounds is now on doctor's charts and at the low end of the 'overweight' category. :happy:

What is even more amazing would be the fact that I am getting so close to the HEALTHY WEIGHT classification. I can't remember a time, when my doctors didn't tell me that I was overweight.

This was only possible, because I made the commitment to MFP and logging in my food each day. With the encouragement and inspiration of great friends, I am becoming a new, HEALTHY woman at the ripe age of 69.

Thank you all, MFP friends. :flowerforyou:

Now, I am wondering..."Should I change my ticker goal to 140 pounds?" That is the number on the chart at the top of the 'Healthy Weight' category. Even if I only get there for a day, it would be nice to show that number to my faithful doctor who has seen me through this long journey, first to new knees and now to a better life.

Right now, my ticker goal is 145 pounds, which leaves me at the bottom of the 'Overweight' column. Hmm? Should I do it, friends? Should I push for those extra 5 pounds of weight loss?

You are certainly an amazing success story. I think normal BMI is 25? But I am certain your doctor is already telling his/her overweight patients about your success. So if you want to go for the extra 5 pounds do it.

Congratulations again!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Go for it you are so inspiring I this post--go for it and we will celebrate your achievement again
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS: SUE, YOU ARE AWESOME! Getting out of the morbidly obese category adds so much health and quality to your life, decreases your risk for about 40 different types of cancer, and is only going to help your heart/blood pressure. Way to go!

What a happy day indeed!

When I started MFP, I too was morbidly obese (obese III) and I have lost weight so now I am obese I, with only 12lbs until I am overweight. Here’s hoping it comes this summer!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I too am now merely overweight, but in 18 pounds I will be at the top of the "normal" category.

Keep up the hard work, you got this!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    That is a huge success for sure. Thanks for sharing.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done amazingly well!

Hopefully if I keep going, I too, will be writing my own success story on here one day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!