Serious this time, looking for friends and motivators

Options
Hi all started a diet again today, just cutting out the rubbish. I am looking for someone to help motivate me to stick to it this time and lose the weight. I have just bought my first pair of size 16 jeans after being stubborn for so long and I want these to be the only pair I buy. Add me please!

Replies

• MarcieSwitzer
    MarcieSwitzer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been fighting off getting into a 16 again. I'm okay with my 14s but the thought of going back to the 16s scared me into coming back. Once upon a time I was in a 20, so I guess I'm in a much better place, but an 8 would be so much nicer so I have to keep working at it. I have to find ways of NOT having the junk call out my name. I did really well yesterday on my food choices so I could splurge on a little reduced fat ice cream which made my evening feel right. There is no easy way to lose weight, and people who talk about having self-control have no clue. It is just hard work. But, it also takes friends and support. Welcome. Hope we get to chat often!
  • YeOldeCatfish
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm starting off by cutting the garbage out and simply managing calories. To believe in others is to believe in yourself. We can all get where we need to be.

Best of luck to you!
  • joshsheedy
    joshsheedy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks were the hardest for me. One thing that I think helped above all other things was drinking water, a lot of water. During the week, I pretty much only drink water, and a little milk. On the weekends I will drink other things, some beer or soda. I think there needs to be a reward at the end of a week. I don't think I would have made it this far if I would not have my cheat days. Good luck, you can do it.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    YOu can add me. Im in serious mode too lol
  • xsamjb81x
    xsamjb81x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for you comments. Just what I needed and I do believe that there will be testing times, in fact already had a "must say no" moment when my son asked me for a Mcdonalds for tea.....I love the idea of a Big Mac but NO! lol
  • dropLBSlikeitshot
    Options
    You can add me if you want! Bought my first pair of 15s last winter and much more serious now on losing it! Message me about your goals, my ultimate goal is to lose 50 but just taking it a day at a time!
  • nicolemacdonald2013
    nicolemacdonald2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
    :)
    ☆☆☆
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    Same here! Down 50 lbs and setting sail straight away. Anyone who schedules their day around their gym time and eats like 8 meals a day.... lets be friends! ;)
  • Suznd75
    Suznd75 Posts: 37
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am down 75 lbs and love to motivate and support.
  • Worknonit4me
    Options
    add me ill add back
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me!
  • graci0221
    graci0221 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks were the hardest for me. One thing that I think helped above all other things was drinking water, a lot of water. During the week, I pretty much only drink water, and a little milk. On the weekends I will drink other things, some beer or soda. I think there needs to be a reward at the end of a week. I don't think I would have made it this far if I would not have my cheat days. Good luck, you can do it.

Same here! I need a cheat day to be normal and stay on track lol
  • liloshar
    liloshar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I totally get how you feel! I started about 4 weeks ago, and am determined that this will be the time that will work! I could use some encouragement too, gets a bit tiring sometimes. :-)
  • AMW47
    AMW47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Anyone can feel free to add me! I have 40-50 pounds to lose and I'm focusing on surrounding myself with super positive people. I'd be happy to give encouragement and support if you'll return to favor. :)