HI! I'm new to this and would like help

Options
Hello, My name is Hannah and I'm 19. I am currently trying to lose 100 pounds but not sure where to start. I have so much I want to fix and I feel like I just don't have enough time. I've been overweight for the majority of my life and I'm truly over it. My biggest issue is staying motivated because I want results right away and that's not going to happen. If anyone has advice or anything I'd love to hear it!

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah,
    My name is Kimmie. You're in the right place. It is a slow and steady process, but if you stick with it you will get where you want to be. Start out slow, change small things, log everything you eat and drink and simply do your best to become more active. Feel free to fruend me or email.
    Stick with it
    Kimmie
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    The biggest things are hard work and patience.

You can do this. You can lose weight for real. You can lose weight for good. You can keep it off forever.

But it is going to take work and it is going to take time.
  • dropLBSlikeitshot
    Options
    Hannah,
    I'm Hannah! I'm 23 and looking to lose 50 overall, but I'm realizing the key is long term changes. My weight has fluctuated throughout but I'm at an all time high. Just start working at it and take every small step as a success!
  • mfpbaklazan
    Options
    Hi Hannah :) I'm 19 too. I've always been a chubby kid... Since I turned 17 I've been on a constant cycle of losing weight and gaining it back. This spring I've finally lost the weight and I feel like I've learned from my past mistakes and I'm feeling hopeful about having lost it for good this time.
    Remember that fad diets and extreme calorie restriction may give you fast results, but they never work in the long run (trust me, I've been there).
    Remember that you didn't gain this weight overnight, so obviously you can't lose it overnight either. One good meal won't make you thinner, just like one bad meal won't make you fat. I'm the type of person who likes to see immediate results too, and I tend to get pretty discouraged if I don't; what helped me in the beginning was not weighing myself or obsessing over my body in the mirror. Basically what I did for the first few weeks was regular exercise and a good diet without any weigh ins or looking at my body in the mirror. You'd be surprised how easy it can become :D Then one day you'll be passing by a full-length mirror and you'll be asking yourself when the hell did you start looking so thin :)
  • georgiagreeneyes
    georgiagreeneyes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Hannah and I'm 19. I am currently trying to lose 100 pounds but not sure where to start. I have so much I want to fix and I feel like I just don't have enough time. I've been overweight for the majority of my life and I'm truly over it. My biggest issue is staying motivated because I want results right away and that's not going to happen. If anyone has advice or anything I'd love to hear it!

Howdy missy! The best advice I can give you is make smaller goals for yourself that way it doesn't seem so overwhelming trying to incorporate new behaviors all at once. Try a motivation wall or board where you can keep positive images and quotes that help inspire you when you need it most (ex:http://www.pinterest.com/pin/569986896559166766/). Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 1973mikeg
    1973mikeg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would take it slow and not focus on the scale. Slowly try to change your nutrition and add in more activities. Set small goals and reward yourself when you hit them. I would highly find a online group to help keep you focused and motivated. I lost 55 lbs this year. It will work for you just stay focused and good luck on your journey.