Pre diabetic in need to lose 100 pounds!!!

Options
I need to lose 100 pounds. I am pre diabetic. I am married and have two kids who all love the foods I shouldnt be eating, including myself. That is my biggest problem And getting off my lazy tush to get working out. I do NOT want to become diabetic. I watch my carbs pretty well. I do test myself and so far my levels have been ok. I am looking for anyone in the same boat for friending and fighting the battles together. Anyone is welcome. Thank you. :glasses:

Replies

• GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I give you a lot of credit for making changes now to prevent diabetes. Research show that the sooner people make changes in their eating habits and exercise level, the more progress they make in lowering blood sugar levels, losing weight, and then maintaining at healthier levels. Perhaps your entire family is willing to make changes with you? Many hospitals offer pre-diabetes programs that can be really helpful for you and your family. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request
  • maireailbhe
    maireailbhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! I'll send you a friend request! :)
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It can be done! I was prediabetic after having an operation and being put on prednisone which cause me to go up to 300 pounds. I was given some pills (I think Metformin) which I did not want to take and never did take. The first thing I started to do was walk every evening, even if I did not want to. I lost 50 pounds and regulated my sugar, and have kept the weight off for almost 10 years. I am now working to lose another 50-65 pounds. You can do this!
    Feel free to friend me.
  • fmcgregor
    fmcgregor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat. I'm currently working out 3 days a week for an hour. My problem is changing my eating habits. Its been a month and I haven't lost a lb. Or an inch. Very discouraging. I would like to lose 80lbs.
  • gr8_changes
    Options
    Im a pre diabetic needing to loose all the weight I can too
  • MrsDpants
    MrsDpants Posts: 3
    Options
    Same boat as you are.... friend request sent!
  • drwstown76
    drwstown76 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I Know you can achieve your goals. I lost 87 lbs and my wife lost 80!!! If we can do it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I still have lots to lose and I interact ever day and support!