grr

Options

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I meant what I said so please remove your judgemental comment. This is what I don't like about this site! any mention of alcohol and you're practically labelled an alcoholic!

Thanks for adding nothing constructive to my post, please refrain from replying to anything else I put in the future.

Thanks.

This was totaly uncalled for---lighten up. It was just a question----wow. :smile:

Another one with nothing constructive to add? - please refrain from posting on my threads in the future.

If you demand "constructive" watch your salt intake--chinese food, in the future. And I stand by my previous post. :flowerforyou:

Old news

Since you haven't been on MFP for long, I'm going to give you some very good advice. There is an "ignore user" feature that you can use to automatically block the posts of users that you don't like. Many people love it and vaunt that they are "blocking" you in the future. I, personally have never used it, and now I'll tell you why. The very people that make observations on your comments that rub you the wrong way may one day have exactly that tidbit of advice that can really help you out on here. Some of the most knowlegeable posters are not exactly, how should I say it," careful" in their responses. When you post, or ask a question you are opening yourself up to the world, and cannot tell people what to do--ie: don't post. So, really think about it, and make your decision--but some people cut off their nose to spite their face. I wish you all the best with your weight loss, and hope you'll be posting in the future with a sucess story. :smile:
  • Jimster1981
    Jimster1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Snowflake. Firstly, I have been on MFP since 2011 both on the app and the forums, so I am not new. Secondly, you had no reason whatsoever to add a reply to my thread, other than to cause drama. You added nothing constructive to what I originally asked, instead you decided to jump on the bandwagon along with other users who think its clever to add stupid remarks about my alcohol intake, because you have nothing better to do with your time.

Trust me on this, I have a lot more experience than you in every single way about the 'ways' of the internet and about what happens on the web, and on forums.

So, with all due respect, I don't need educating by you and I certainly don't want to see you replying to any more of my threads on this website in the future.

Thank you.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Oh wow this is going to be interesting

Wheres the popcorn?
  • Jimster1981
    Options
    Oh wow this is going to be interesting

Wheres the popcorn?

Can't have it, it's not healthy :)
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    This is fun.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I heard there was wine here.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    This is fun.

Wow, you really are bored, Rabbit.

OP - here's a little link that might help. It always make me laugh - something this thread needs desperately.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437
  • Jimster1981
    Options
    I heard there was wine here.

Oh god no. That word isn't allowed here...
  • Jimster1981
    Options
    This is fun.

Wow, you really are bored, Rabbit.

OP - here's a little link that might help. It always make me laugh - something this thread needs desperately.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-path-of-success-631437

:O)
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Can totally expect 3 bottles of whine (intentional spelling) from this thread.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I meant what I said so please remove your judgemental comment. This is what I don't like about this site! any mention of alcohol and you're practically labelled an alcoholic!

Thanks for adding nothing constructive to my post, please refrain from replying to anything else I put in the future.

Thanks.

I love wine. I mean a lot. But three bottles is excessive.
    You should share with friends.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Can totally expect 3 bottles of whine (intentional spelling) from this thread.

+1
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Pass the wine and Chinese.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Considering OP gets butthurt at the first little comment, it's doubtful he has many people to share with. Pull the panties out of your posterior Jimster. You can't control who will or won't post in "your" threads so you may want to learn to lighten up a bit. :flowerforyou:
  • Jimster1981
    Options

Thanks.

Considering OP gets butthurt at the first little comment, it's doubtful he has many people to share with. Pull the panties out of your posterior Jimster. You can't control who will or won't post in "your" threads so you may want to learn to lighten up a bit. :flowerforyou:

:drinker:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    I usually have coffee this early in the morning but this whine is so damn interesting. In.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Thanks, this is what I really wanted to say to him, but tried to be "constructive", and got a kick for it. I still try to be nice anyway. Oh and if he says he's been on here so long-expert and such, how come he had to ask about bloating after a chinese meal? Anyone who's followed the form for even a little while knows it's only water weight. Sorry for you Jimmy. :smile:
  • Jimster1981
    Options
    :drinker:

Thanks.

Thanks, this is what I really wanted to say to him, but tried to be "constructive", and got a kick for it. I still try to be nice anyway. Sorry for you Jimmy. :smile:
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Constructive huh,,let's try this.....

1. Your original post was/is misleading, you don't clearly state when or over what duration of time your wine was consumed. One is lead to think it was in one day.

2. How much water are you drinking and do you drink it regularly? What else did you drink?

3. How far and at what rate did you walk? Do you track your walks? How many cals did you burn? I can take a leisurely walk for 2 hours and not really burn much.

4. You have to be more open minded--like the people before, its a public post, its open to scrutiny and thinking that just because you have been on MFP for a while entitles you to know more is incorrect. I've only been on here for a few months but I know from experience that drinking wine/alcohol and some yummy greasy, salty Chinese food will only lead to bloating and water retention the next day. Duration on a site doesn't mean you necessarily know more....experience and research does.

yes...yes I know this will get me one of those lovely rude comebacks, but you asked for constructive.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Doesn't this smell like troll to any of you? Three years a member and doesn't know that salt causes temporary weight gain. And the misleading reference to wine? I think someone is bored and wanted to start something.