What is your exercise choice and what do you eat?

Options
ChantalGG
ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
What is your exercise choice and what do you eat?
How many calories, what kind of food etc.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting 3x a week. Whatever I want. 2300 calories. Gelato, Greek yogurt, chicken, fruit, peanut butter..etc ;) current goal I'd is bulking. Maintain around 2200
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    BW strength training, running, hiking.
    I generally stick to whole, real foods. Lots of fruits, nuts, eggs, greens, veggies, meat, chicken & fish. The smallest categories of food are grains and dairy. I eat very little processed foods. However if I am out to eat at a nice place or go to a party I will indulge guilt free. I only briefly counted calories several years ago
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Exercise choice: Triathlon.

What i eat: Everything.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A mix of powerlifting and hypertrophy training, and some walking post-training.

I eat food. All the food.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Static Bike with computer or Cross Trainer. trying to do far more weights tho
    What i eat generally 500-1000 under my goals of 2400+ Fitbit and Exercise.
    Veggies galore, Lean Meat, Chicken, Salmon, Whey Protein shakes, Nutritional bars
    Banana's, Mushrooms, Capsicums, Eggs, Oat and Wheat based cereals. and Green Tea
  • tilsherm
    tilsherm Posts: 2
    Options
    Martial Arts. One of the best calorie per minute exercises I have found. That, and there is always variety and mental stimulation involved. Aside from all of the mental/physical benefits involved, it is also something that you can do at any time without any specific equipment.

Food wise I have always been able to eat whatever I'd like, however in the last year I have started counting calories and try to stay under 2300 before exercise. Typically I have eaten pretty poorly, but lately I have been eating a lot of roasted chicken, raw fruits and veggies, and trying to limit my grains. Of course Friday nights are Pizza Nights, and I have been upping my intake of Heineken pretty substantially lately as well... which is not helping!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Swimming 3-5 times a week for an hour (I am very slow). Personal trainer for an hour weekly for some intense cardio. Just started lifting 3 times a week. Eating anywhere from 1600-1900 depending on how much exercise has happened.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Elliptical, Metabata & Squats with 5, 8, 10 pound weights, Total Gym, Bicycling, Walking. For the most part, clean eating with no processed meats. I choose fresh or frozen veggies, berries, greek yogurt, kashi, lean chicken, pork or salmon, quinoa, greens, salad, lactose free or soy products (except for the greek yogurt), water, water, water
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Exercise of Choice: Running or Pole (sometimes Pilates)

Food: Hard boiled eggs, peanut butter, salads (the kind with LOTS of veggies), fresh seasonal fruit (sweet cherries, watermelon), sometimes pasta or bread...not as many grain carbs lately.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Walking or Zumba
    Food: Everything.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting 3x a week with weighted cardio on weekends.

I literally eat whatever I see, lol. But I prefer bakery goods.... cookies, cakes, etc. Living within a 15 mile radius of 3 very well respected pastry shops where I live is a daily struggle, lol.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Exercise:

Weight training primarily.

Food:

Pretty much anything, although I try to crowd-out what I could eat with high-protein and high-fiber choices. Hate chicken and beef.

3000 - 4000
  • lissaann29078
    lissaann29078 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Walking, jogging, and swimming sometimes. I try to eat as healthy as I can, but stay within the calorie goals that mfp has set for me.:smile:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    If I had my way I would be weight training more, but I live rural, so I lift twice a week generally (more if I get the chance), on off days I walk or hike and add Calisthenics everyday for at least 30 minutes. I eat 1600 or under not eating my exercise calories back as this is my TDEE - 15% I try eat high protein, I eat 'treat' food sometimes if it fits my macros but I try not to do that too many times in a week or I stop losing weight.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Exercise:
    * Static stretching every day.
    * Starting Strength three times a week.
    * Running five days a week.
    * Yard work on the weekends.

Food:
    * Oatmeal with peanut butter and milled flaxseed for breakfast
    * Lunch is usually a large salad with chicken; I mix up the dressings a lot so it's not the same thing every time.
    * Dinner is a lotta chicken and/or beef and/or seafood and MORE veggies!
    * Plus, I love me some ice cream. :) I try to save calories for it.
    * Currently on 2100 calories because heavy lifting stalled on fewer; it puts me about ten pounds overweight, but the fat's maintaining the same level. I'm okay with this.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Crossfit 5 days a week (so a mix of everything with some additional lifting programmed).

I eat lots of meat and fish,eggs, avocados, butter (I'm sure this is where I'm getting most of my calories from currently. I bought a french, salted block and its amazing), sweet potato (prefer it to regular most of the time),nuts, veg, fruits and salad. Trying not to monitor amounts or calories at the moment.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Insanity (3-5 times a week- not properly), swimming (1-2 times a week) and walking (any evenings when I feel like I've been lazy)

Food: I make most of my food myself- lots of pasta and wraps and salads while the weather is hot. Also, I eat out with friends once a week.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Crossfit 3 times a week (have no time for more)

A lot of veg + meat, fish, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds. occasional pulses, rice, potato, rye bread. I don't count amounts or calories. Just try to make everything from fresh whole ingredients, avoiding processed stuff and added refined sugar.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day four times a week. I normally do Crossfit in the morning, then come back later in the afternoon when it's open gym and do a few compound lifts (pretty much in line with Starting Strength). I normally go fairly light weight in the morning, and heavy in the afternoon.

I normally walk about 8-10 miles a week as well.

I can only do this because it's summer and as a teacher I have this time off. During the school year I just do crossfit 4x a week and use more challenging weights during the WOD.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Kind of an open-ended question, no?

Exercise: Lifting, backpacking, walking, elliptical, rowing machine, biking

Food: All the foodz, but particularly whatever Mrs. Jruzer makes. I focus on getting protein so I tend to eat a lot of Greek yogurt and eggs.