Uk people - success stories?

sugarlips1980
sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
Let's hear your inspirational stories - with pics if you have them!

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    I'm not inspiring yet - sorry. Hopefully I will be one day :smile:
  • stephenmakin1
    stephenmakin1 Posts: 17 Member
    Not much but I've lost 9kg in the last month using my fitness pal. I feel that's a success.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    I posted my success story about a month back. 12 months down, 136lbs down. I did post a thread about it, think you'll be able to find it somewhere if you want to see pictures!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Not much but I've lost 9kg in the last month using my fitness pal. I feel that's a success.

That's a good loss!!! Congrats
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    52lb in 6 months, I'm very happy with that, just 1lb off my healthy bmi!
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    I've lost 25lbs in 6 months on here :) still got 15lbs to go which I'm going to take very slowly, but I now have a body I like much more and I'm so much happier already! I'm also so much fitter as I have found a sport I like (running) and I have been doing some light weights in the gym :) (just started a proper lifting routine last week, I'm very excited to see the results in a couple of months!
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Hit my goal in April and have been maintaining pretty well ever since.

Think I may be cutting again late July once I get back from a 2 week "all inclusive" holiday.....LOL
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Started with MFP in August 2013 at 17 st dead (5' 10") and am now a few lbs away from my goal weight at just under 12 st.

I have gone from obese to a healthy BMI, from a 42" waist to a 32/34" waist and the suit trousers I wore when I got married in back in 1994 are now too large

Over half of the weight loss was from diet alone but have added in exercise more recently

My big regret is not taking proper before photo's
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Some great success stories, keep it up!
  • Jztime
    Jztime Posts: 138 Member
  • knoes1
    knoes1 Posts: 19 Member
    Must be honest this is a whole lot easier to get started in the UK summer. I need to make sure that I am well on my way and disciplined by the time winter arrives, Novemberish.

All the best to you guys!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Started with MFP in August 2013 at 17 st dead (5' 10") and am now a few lbs away from my goal weight at just under 12 st.

I have gone from obese to a healthy BMI, from a 42" waist to a 32/34" waist and the suit trousers I wore when I got married in back in 1994 are now too large

Over half of the weight loss was from diet alone but have added in exercise more recently

My big regret is not taking proper before photo's

Well done!

I started my weight loss in Feb 2012. Been maintaining for around a year and a half now. My weight is a little lower than I would maybe like so I'm not against gaining a couple of lbs.

ETA i started around 196lbs, and have lost around 90lbs.
  • ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Let's see, I'm a work in progress..... I am more than 100lbs lighter than I was at my heaviest, still have about 100 to go. I have lost 4 stone this year, (56 lbs) mostly since the beginning of April. I have taken up running, and even at 259lbs I enjoy it. I have walked 2 5k races, I aim to run a 5k Colour Run in August, and run/walk the Great Yorkshire Run 10k at the end of September.
  • RosieJaynee
    RosieJaynee Posts: 12 Member
    Hello, started my weight loss 6months ago! But wasn't very successful until 3-4 months ago I started doing the gym now & then, then started the bootea diet & now doing Zumba & using this app! In 3 months I lost just over a stone! & I feel GREAT! But still have my down falls & hate myself. But I'm impatient & want it all now! But as I'm getting married next year & have 2 beautiful children I am going to stick with this all & be how I truly want to be!!
    Good luck to everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!