Halfway There

Options
hedpe70
hedpe70 Posts: 24 Member
The last two years have been a series of a lot of positive downs and a lot of frustrating ups, but I finally reached my halfway point this week. The pic on the left was taken at my heaviest, the day I started my weight-loss journey. It was a depressing time in my life where I had basically come to the conclusion that my days were numbered unless I did something now. So, I did something, and it's really changing my life. I've had some setbacks — tennis elbow, runner's knee, foot tendonitis — that were significant bumps in the road, but it feels really good to reach my halfway mark. I started my journey on Weight Watchers and lost 23 pounds there before coming to MFP and dropping another 37 so far. I have 57 more to go, but it feels really good to look like the guy on the right side today. :happy: I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but every single day is a chance at positive progress.

10440991_10153283486257281_3954034703946854797_n_845234_zps3e401bdf.jpg

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! Way to go!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love your attitude.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Way to go! You look fantastic!
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    Wow! Big difference! Congratulations! Your dedication is really paying off.
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The last two years have been a series of a lot of positive downs and a lot of frustrating ups, but I finally reached my halfway point this week. The pic on the left was taken at my heaviest, the day I started my weight-loss journey. It was a depressing time in my life where I had basically come to the conclusion that my days were numbered unless I did something now. So, I did something, and it's really changing my life. I've had some setbacks — tennis elbow, runner's knee, foot tendonitis — that were significant bumps in the road, but it feels really good to reach my halfway mark. I started my journey on Weight Watchers and lost 23 pounds there before coming to MFP and dropping another 37 so far. I have 57 more to go, but it feels really good to look like the guy on the right side today. :happy: I have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but every single day is a chance at positive progress.

10440991_10153283486257281_3954034703946854797_n_845234_zps3e401bdf.jpg

Amazing job! Keep up the great work :bigsmile:
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    WOW.....big difference in those pics....CONGRATS!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Man you are looking strong and well on your way to a healthier you. You have done great
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Wow. Simply Wow.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work :)
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!