Is anyone else rebounding as a workout?

Options
I just got a rebounder today after reading astounding health benefits from using one. I loved doing it! I ended up using it for an hour, working up a nice sweat - just because I was having so much fun and didn't feel tired. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this and if they have first hand experience with some of the benefits? I'm especially interested in cellulite reduction - I have epic cellulite... No matter what, I'm super happy I got it (on sale at sears for $40) cause it made me feel carefree like a kid again :)

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great deal you got on your rebounder! I use one too as a part of my fitness programme.

What do you do on yours, and how do you calculate the calories burned?

I either walk/jog (moderate intensity) or full-on run in intervals between "jumping rope" on it (no real rope). I wear a Heart Rate Monitor just to make sure I stay in my zone, and am not just bouncing around beneath my training zone. I log the calories burned for each workout depending on what my HRM says.

With the addition of rebounding to my fitness programme of light weights and cycling, I have noticed a difference in my legs, in the perkiness of my behnind, and in overall fat-loss.

Rebounding is great for a rainy day, or an after dinner "walk" when it is too dark out. Plus, like you said, it always leaves me invigorated and feeling like a kid all over again.

Have fun springing your way to fitness!
  • Kbelicious
    Kbelicious Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. That sounds great. Well, what I've done so far is wear my pedometer and have it track the steps and the intensity of the steps - so it's just getting logged as a brisk walk at the moment. I don't have a HRM - but I'll look into that. I did some workouts from youtube and I also put dance music on and just jumped around working up a sweat. The dance music was the most fun :) Today I'm going to try doing the cardio portion of "30 day shred" on it.