Help!, Im tired of eating the same foods.

Options
Help!!! I need to add variety to my menu. I'm getting tired of eating the same foods. Any suggestions on easy to make receipes like chicken wraps, etc. Please keep in mind that I am challenged in the cooking department, lol

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been addicted to bagel sandwiches with veggie cream cheese, spring mix, cucumbers and tomatoes. DELICIOUS and low calorie.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Try www.hungrygirl.com
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    try chicken baked in the oven with a balsamic vinaigrette on the top- tasty
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat penne pasta (cooked), a can of natural italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, a bag of pre-cooked grilled chicken, a bag of steamed broccoli, a sprinkling of olive oil, and some shredded parmesan.
  • nitaneat
    Options
    use the slow cooker. throw in veggies, meat, n fresh herbs. wait for like 6 hours. nothing to do
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Challenged in the cooking department? Nooo! Just kidding. I guess it depends what you normally eat. For instance, I love turkey sandwiches. I get tired of them also, but when I do, I will put them in wraps and a bit of balsamic vinaigrette instead of mayo or mustard. I will cook the turkey a bit because I want it warm, not cold. Sometimes, I'll eat oatmeal, if I am feeling a bit lazy. lol
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    use the slow cooker. throw in veggies, meat, n fresh herbs. wait for like 6 hours. nothing to do

Oh, that sounds pretty good. I had that last week. Nom!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I use rachael ray's 30 minute cookbooks. She has some GREAT recipes that you can tweek to make healhier (ex.ground turkey or chicken instead of beef, light options opposed to regular like cream soups). She has amazing turkey burger recipes and they are healthy for you.
  • seemichellerun
    Options

Oh, that sounds pretty good. I had that last week. Nom!!

I use my slow cooker ALL THE TIME. This morning I put in about 4 skinless chicken breast, a chopped up onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, and some rosemary. My kitchen smells like HEAVEN right now and I'll have plenty of chicken for the next few days to sprinkle on salads, eat with some sweet potatoes, or use in wraps.
  • winterkj
    winterkj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing almost every day, but here are some of my favorites, keep in mind I try to eat 5 meals a day of about 300 calories each. I try to get as much protein in each meal as possible:

Pro-oatmeal

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal cooked with water. Mix in 1/2 -1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, enough skim milk to mix, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 TBLS sliced almonds - about 300-350 calories and so filling
    Greek yogurt

1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 packet truvia, 1/2 apple (chopped), 1 TBL chopped walnuts, and drizzle of honey - about 250-300 calories
    Salad - spinach, lots of veggies, 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 1 -2 TBL balsamic vinegar
    Shakeology

1 packet Shakeology, 1 cup skim milk and lots of ice in the blender. 220 calories and will keep you full for hours.

Turkey Wrap

La Tortilla whole wheat wrap, 4 oz of deli turky meat, laughin cow cheese, veggies 250-300 calories
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Change your supermarket. I go to different shops for inspiration - this week it's marks and spencer
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    i'd love some new ideas too!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Taco Pizza: An easy fast recipe even my hubby can make!

I whole wheat Boboli pizza crust
    1 package Wholly Guacamole (Pico de gallo Flavor)
    1/2 lb of ground turkey browned
    A package of Taco Seasoning add to ground meat per directions on package)
    1 Bell pepper, red, yellow, what ever you like (Diced, no seeds)
    2% Colby Jack Shredded cheese
    little bit of olive oil

Saute the bell pepper in the olive oil while browning the ground turkey. Add taco seasoning to the ground turkey following package directions. Take the Boboli crust and cover with Wholly Guacamole, Sprinkle bell peppers and cover pizza with taco turkey meat and then top with a thin layer of cheese. Pop in the oven until cheese is melted and crust is cooked and ENJOY!

You can have 1/4 of the pizza and it is less than 450 calories and you'll definitely be full =)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Pro-oatmeal

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal cooked with water. Mix in 1/2 -1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, enough skim milk to mix, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 TBLS sliced almonds - about 300-350 calories and so filling
    Greek yogurt

1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 packet truvia, 1/2 apple (chopped), 1 TBL chopped walnuts, and drizzle of honey - about 250-300 calories

Yumm! I'll have to try these out.
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Do you like chili? I have a super simple chili recipe that is filling and healthy. I also buy all the stuff for a nice mixed salad, add a hard-boiled egg, about 10 almonds, and put some type of protein over it (like chicken, steak, shrimp.) I have a few good soup recipes that are low in fat and calories, too. Pair a cup of soup with a salad and you're good to go.

Do you own a George Foreman grill or an outdoor grill? If not, or if you don't want to fully cook your own chicken, buy some pre-cooked chicken (I just bought some frozen "Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips" from Tyson - they're super easy.) Add some steamed veggies (or I can tell you how to roast off some veggies in the oven) and a portion of brown rice or whole wheat pasta or a baked potato (or sweet potato) and you've got a complete meal.

I really love cooking, so if you want to tell me what you CAN cook (lol) or what you like, and I can tell you some ideas that should be healthy and low-cal.