What is a 30 day shed

Options
What do a 30 day shed consist of I know 30 days lol but what else is it a certain diet and exercise plan to go with???

Replies

• steveosparks
    steveosparks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Craig Capurso from bodybuilding.com has a great 30 day cutting plan.

basically consists of 6 day a week weightlifting/steady cardio/ high intensity cardio combined with a high carb/low fat eating plan at the beginning of the week gradually turning into a high fat/low carb plan by the end of the week.

Its all aimed to maximise the loss of fat in the shortest time available

hope this helps
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    Craig Capurso from bodybuilding.com has a great 30 day cutting plan.

basically consists of 6 day a week weightlifting/steady cardio/ high intensity cardio combined with a high carb/low fat eating plan at the beginning of the week gradually turning into a high fat/low carb plan by the end of the week.

Its all aimed to maximise the loss of fat in the shortest time available

hope this helps

Is it safe ???
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Its a Jillian Michelas workout. Think you can see some of it on youtube and the DVD is pretty cheap. I just bought it on Amazon

Its a twenty minute workout that tones your body. I plan on starting it when I come back from vacation. Im going to do it every other day I think You should give your muscles a rest inbetween No meal plan with it but you can google or check out her website . Maybe you can find out more info

Hope this helps
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    For specifics on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, see my post on page 4 of this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1339114-starting-a-30-day-shred-group-for-july-want-to-join?page=4

As far as a diet plan, just eat a a deficit. See this thread to get you going:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels also has a 30 day shred DVD. Can be picked up at Target or Wal-Mart. Combined with diet, it will help you shred inches. If you go to the 'Community' section here and search topics, type in 30 day shred and there are many threads with photos of people who have had success using her program. Any diet and exercise program is safe if you keep your macros at healthy levels (don't starve yourself) and exercise within reason (don't start day 1 with a marathon). Good luck!! :)
  • LambrettaVVespa
    LambrettaVVespa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's just a 30 Day exercise programme designed to 1. Burn calories and/or fat 2. Tone muscle mass and 3. Improve endurance and stamina gradually over the course of the programme. The most common one is Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - available to buy on DVD or as a digital download. There are others, though.

You don't have to do the workouts every day. In fact, it is advisable (should you not be used to cardio training or strength exercise, or you get very little of either) to have a rest day after two or three consecutive days of participating in the 30 Day Shred. I think there are also a few free/low cost training programmes out there.

The good things about the 30 Day Shred is that it builds up your performance and there is very little cost - no gym memberships or expensive equipment required. It can all be done at home.
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    Wow she must have one the best work out dvd's I will buy it tonight and start to night as well I have my diet as far as eating under control I just want to get into something that is a good push start.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am actually on level 2 day 1 (aka day 11). It is a great short workout that burns a lot of calories and has some strengthening. I am just keeping a calorie deficit and trying to focus on getting more protein. I have lost about 4 lbs since starting (not sure on inches, I forgot to measure this morning). I would definately recommend checking it out on Youtube to give it a shot. If you like it you can buy it for phase 3. :smile:
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    I am actually on level 2 day 1 (aka day 11). It is a great short workout that burns a lot of calories and has some strengthening. I am just keeping a calorie deficit and trying to focus on getting more protein. I have lost about 4 lbs since starting (not sure on inches, I forgot to measure this morning). I would definately recommend checking it out on Youtube to give it a shot. If you like it you can buy it for phase 3. :smile:

Do I need to but any thing other than the dvd is it really hard.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    it is a torture video by Jillian Michaels :laugh:

You need supportive footwear some dumbells ( 3, 5 ,8 pounds to start) and a mat if u r working on a hard service.
    Object is to combine cardio with weight lifting in a short time period do u get the best of both worlds. It will challenge u but u build up to it
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    now thats funny
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It is challenging but doable. It is tough but it is only about 20 minutes of actual working out, about the time you think you can't do another move, it is over and you are cooling down. You will need a good pair of workout shoes and some weights. 3, 5 and 8s would likely be good as someone above already stated.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Wow she must have one the best work out dvd's I will buy it tonight and start to night as well I have my diet as far as eating under control I just want to get into something that is a good push start.

It's high impact....and especially hard on the knees if you don't have good form. Google squat form if you have trouble. Don't feel you need to do it everyday. Take recovery days too.

I personally can't do high impact (too old) ....and can't stand Jillian anyway. But, there is tons of stuff out there. Just start somewhere. After awhile when you find something you enjoy doing, working out will become a habit. The most effective workout is one you will do regularly.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It might be terrific for you and I wish you luck but just for the record-- There is a whole WORLD of workout DVDs (and workouts without DVDs) which will do the same thing for you, many for free. JM is no magician.
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    I just head alot about it and figure I will try it out
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It might be terrific for you and I wish you luck but just for the record-- There is a whole WORLD of workout DVDs (and workouts without DVDs) which will do the same thing for you, many for free. JM is no magician.

I just started a 30 Day Shred thread on the group by the same name. If you join the group you'll find a bunch of people who have done it with lots of info. I bought the DVD last month to start this month and was truly surprised it was as rigorous as it was. I'm in pretty good shape, but I was dripping after 20 minutes of level 1 with 3 pound weights.
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i have a torn ACL right now so workouts that are hard on the knees are out for me. however, many of the exercises can be modified. i can't do jumping jacks right now, so I do the old lady version (kick out one leg and move my arms). also, on you tube, there are tons of free workouts. search HIIT (high intensity interval training). all the moves can be adjusted for the beginner. you'll know your own limits. push through, but not to the point of intense pain. also, chalene johnson (i think that's her name) the turbo jam lady - that's a good one. billy blanks, biggest loser workouts - i've used them all with success. i want to get to insanity which is sitting on my shelf, but i'm a little afraid of it and with the new injury, i definitely want to wait. :wink:
  • Robinson1258
    Options
    I will try it is it hard on the knees ?