BodyRock.tv

Options
Does anyone else do these workouts? I'm trying to figure out calories burned. Does anyone know how to calculate that, or the best match category to use? It's all high intensity interval training, and varies exercises but all super intense.
If you haven't checked out bodyrock.tv, you are missing out! Amazing workouts, super fun and challenging, incredible results!

Replies

• Monicamarkt
    Monicamarkt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would say to get a heart rate monitor that calculates calories if you want to be super accurate. I LOVE that website. i use it all the time for teaching my boot camp classes.
  • beadensmoore
    beadensmoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log them under either circuit training-general, or aerobics high intensity. I tried doing each indivdual strength training ones like lunges, etc, but it didn't log any calorie burning. :) Glad u r a bodyrocker!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love bodyrock.tv :) I don't log the exercise, but you could do it as aerobics high intensity, as beadensmoore said. Good for you for following her workouts! I started the skipping this week, I love it, but found my feet are so sore!?
  • 202pauletta
    Options
    I log them under either circuit training-general, or aerobics high intensity. I tried doing each indivdual strength training ones like lunges, etc, but it didn't log any calorie burning. :) Glad u r a bodyrocker!

I log them individually under strength training, which your right...it gives you no calories burned but then I also log them as cardio so I get the credit. That way when I look at the report I can still the individual types of training I have been doing.
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This frustrated me for the longest time. Finally made my own exercise which can be done under the MFP Exercise tab. One for strength focused Bodyrock exercises and one for cardio by using this formula:

Calories = [(0.074 x Age) + (0.4472 x Heart Rate) -- (0.05741 x Weight) -- 20.4022] x Time / 4.184
  • eponai
    eponai Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a bodyrocker too! So far I have been logging them as 20 minutes of intense jumping, but maybe the suggestion to log the total workout as intense aerobics is a better idea.

Math confuses me so the bottom equation I can't quite wrap my head around.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • carogza
    carogza Posts: 13
    Options
    Im a bodyrocker too!! I recently bought a HRM and I've found I burn about 8-9 cals per minute (so in a 12 min wkt that's about 96-108 calories) not couting warm up and cool down.

But it's different for every person, im a 5'2" female and 136 lbs,
    Hope it helps!
  • missa1982
    missa1982 Posts: 30
    Options
    I love this site too, and have just ordered the gymboss to help with the workouts. I have a heart rate monitor to work out what I burn for each workout and for simplicity's sake, measure from start to finish to get calories, not for each individual exercise. However, I would say as with all exercise, it really depends on how much effort YOU put into it, especially as her exercises require maximal effort. I then log it as circuit training.
  • wilczyczka
    Options
    Hiya,
    I read somewhere that Bodyrock workouts should be counted as calistenic? Does that seem right to you? I'm just planning on starting it, but would like to know how much credit I'll get from the exercise :-)
    cheers
  • cbaughman07
    cbaughman07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I would probably log it as circuit training. I typically get about 8-10 cals/min, depending on the exercises. The one workout with less dynamic exercises are lower.
  • spa407
    spa407 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm trig to figure that out, too. I love the bodyrock challenges. Such a great resource.