Happy days! I am now only OVERWEIGHT!

Options
13»

Replies

• DG295
    DG295 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Congratulations! What you've done takes tremendous focus and determination and you should be very proud of yourself! You're definitely an inspiration to everyone! Keep it up! :)
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Whoop Whoop!!!!! Congrats lady!
  • akh1981
    akh1981 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You're a rockstar. That is all.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!

I see you changed your ticker. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Okay, Friends.

I did it! I changed my ticker goal to 140 pounds. That is only 22 pounds away. Lord, help me. :happy:

You rock!

I, too, remember when I fell under 240 and thus lost the "obese" moniker (for a 6'4 dude). Feels good. I've adjusted my goal at least 4 times right before reaching the maintenance phase.
  • Bristow2006
    Options
    WOW! You must be so proud of yourself! I don't even know you and I'm proud of you. :) I am just starting out but just passed 20lbs. this morning--yay! 69 more to go! I think the BMI chart is rediculous...do what you feel best at. :smile:
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    This is awesome progress. Well done and keep up the hard work :)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot!!! Congrats on such a big milestone :)
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Erikhulse
    Erikhulse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I became overweight a couple weeks ago, and it was so exciting! Now I am only 29 pounds from the upper end of healthy!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I was so happy when I got out of obese range, took me like 35 lbs. to get there. Now I am 1 point away from normal BMI, keep up the great work and congratulations!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I was so happy when I got out of obese range, took me like 35 lbs. to get there. Now I am 1 point away from normal BMI, keep up the great work and congratulations!

I was shocked to see where I placed on the BMI ratings, once I finally looked at the chart this week.

In spring of 2012, I was about 290 pounds. That number does not show on the BMI chart for a 5'4" woman. I had to lose 63+ pounds to even reach down from the 'morbidly obese' category to plain old 'obese'. The number was 227 pounds. I got there last summer after taking up swimming, something that I hadn't done since childhood.

I had to lose another 58 pounds to finally crossed over into the 'overweight' classification. That happened, when I broke into the 160's.

The 'healthy weight' top numbers is 140 pounds, 29 pounds away from the top 'overweight number' of 169. I am currently 22 precious pounds away from the ticker goal of 140. At that weight, I will definitely be HALF THE WOMAN THAT I WAS. :laugh:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I was shocked to see where I placed on the BMI ratings, once I finally looked at the chart this week.

In spring of 2012, I was about 290 pounds. That number does not show on the BMI chart for a 5'4" woman. I had to lose 63+ pounds to even reach down from the 'morbidly obese' category to plain old 'obese'. The number was 227 pounds. I got there last summer after taking up swimming, something that I hadn't done since childhood.

I had to lose another 58 pounds to finally crossed over into the 'overweight' classification. That happened, when I broke into the 160's.

The 'healthy weight' top numbers is 140 pounds, 29 pounds away from the top 'overweight number' of 169. I am currently 22 precious pounds away from the ticker goal of 140. At that weight, I will definitely be HALF THE WOMAN THAT I WAS. :laugh:

This has been such an incredible journey for you. Thanks for sharing your accomplishment!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are such an inspiration to me!
    I"m on the same journey, losing weight so I can get knee replacement surgery. For several years I whined and complained about how much pain I was in and continued to gain pounds, month after month.
    I've a long way to go still, but I'm determined. You show us that it is possible.
    Good for you!
  • 30prospect
    30prospect Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now I wonder why you called yourself old lady? You are not yet 70, and 70 is the new 50. I think it was really just your knees telling you that you were old... now you don't need that crutch anymore. Time to sip the expresso and enjoy middle age.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!