what supplements do you take?

Options
I take a multi-vitamin and mineral with iron and 5000 iu D tablet every day. I don't get much sun thats why I take vitamin D.

I used to take chromium picolonate but there was some speculation it might be carcinogenic so I quit like 5 years ago. It was only speculative but I err on the side of caution.

What supplements do you take?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    fish oil, GNC sports multivitamin, and protein shakes
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    I take the same but not as much Vitamin D (1000 supplementation). I also use protein powder..
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Disney Princess chewable multi-vitamin.

And every time I take it I think of Sheldon Cooper telling me I just made expensive urine.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Magnesium - restless legs & muscle cramps

&

Evening Primrose Oil - great for balancing my woman stuff, relieving breast pain, regulating periods, high in omega 3's and oil is good for my back

I take 1 each daily.

ETA: Protein powder usually 2x a day.
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you can name it (vitamins that is), I probably take it. That said, I take zero prescription drugs. I have been very healthy my whole life and I sure hope it continues.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin and a bunch of stuff the doctors recommended. It's a drag.

I'm going to ask if I can add biotin. The stylist keeps pushing it and if I can't hurt me, the Stupid Girl part of me wants to try it. :) I'm sure they'll say No, so it doesn't matter, anyway, but Stupid Girl part likes astrology and wants to take Biotin. :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    A bowl of Cheerios and a Slim Fast shake most days, lol!

I *should* be taking my Vitamin D, as I'm deficient and shun sunlight (I burn TERRIBLY). I really need to get some more Vitamin D drops (I'm supposed to take 2,000-3,000IU daily) and go get retested.
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I take a vitamin d/omega 3, branch chain ammino acids, athletic greens, collegenate- this helps with joint pain:happy:
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention MFP said my potassium was low. since i have high bloodpressure anyway, I switched to NOSALT which is potassium chloride. it boosted my MFP potassium up 100%
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil, a probiotic, turmeric, a magnesium/calcium citrate supplement, a multivitamin, vitamin C, biotin, and vitamin D.

I was not a believer in supplements for the longest time, but when I started my lifestyle change I decided to give them a try.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fish oil and inositol.

I take iron after donating blood/blood samples and vit D occasionally when I don't get much sun.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention MFP said my potassium was low. since i have high bloodpressure anyway, I switched to NOSALT which is potassium chloride. it boosted my MFP potassium up 100%
    I did the same thing. Losing 30 lbs and switching to NoSalt let me throw away my blood pressure medicine about a year ago.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, l-lysine, and because I'm female, calcium, iron, and a probiotic (keeps everything happy).

The local blood center always rejected me for blood donations for being anemic, and then MFP helped me see that I wasn't getting enough iron in my diet. Good lookin' out, MFP! :smile:
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Disney Princess chewable multi-vitamin.

And every time I take it I think of Sheldon Cooper telling me I just made expensive urine.

:laugh:
  • dottyb1tchmouse
    dottyb1tchmouse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D, Vitamin C, fish oil, biotin, spirulina and iron
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Glucosamine Sulphate with MSM for my joints (I run a lot and am still a way off target so any help I can give my knees I do!). Also I suffer from chronic insomnia and have found that 5-HTP pretty much guarantees me a good night's sleep (with really vivid technicolour dreams too!). I have a protein shake as part of my breakfast most days as am in work so can't cook eggs and protein helps fill me up until lunch.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin and mineral with iron and 5000 iu D tablet every day. I don't get much sun thats why I take vitamin D.

I used to take chromium picolonate but there was some speculation it might be carcinogenic so I quit like 5 years ago. It was only speculative but I err on the side of caution.

What supplements do you take?

None, I get everything I need from my diet - which does not include any meat, seafood or fresh water fish, chicken, eggs.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just a womens daily multivitamin which contains folic acid, iron, and vit D among others.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's women's multivitamin.
  • mysterioustea
    mysterioustea Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I take a women's daily multi-vitamin, a cod liver oil pill, a magnesium oxide pill, and vitamin D. I know some of my pills give me the same vitamins I need, but I find them very helpful.